Are you seeking a new position in Marketing? The Cleveland Museum of Art is seeking a Digital Communications Manager to create and implement the museum’s digital communications strategy. This includes analytic review, planning, content development, execution of the CMA’s digital communications platforms. This position works to design and implement new approaches to communicating digitally with diverse communities, allowing for a multiplicity of perspectives and voices. All strategies and tactics developed with the Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Communications.
Requirements and Key Competencies
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or public relations from a four-year college or university; minimum five years’ experience and/or training. A successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience with developing visionary and impactful social media and digital communications strategies that elevate the museum’s digital marketing program to achieve and surpass institutional goals and deepen brand knowledge to a growing international and local audience base. Proficient knowledge of website content management systems and digital media production, including video editing is required.Responsibilities
Application Material: Please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and/or portfolio, and 3 professional references.
- Works with the Director of Communications to plan, develop and execute digital communications strategies and social media campaigns that are consistent and coordinated with the marketing and communications strategy for the museum
- Researches, compiles information, presents ideas, writes, and updates the museum’s social media channels, website, blog, e-newsletter, and mobile applications
- Creates compelling content and works with internal and external partners to gather assets and product copy, video, photos, and other content for digital communications platforms
- Posts content across social media accounts
- Engages with audience and followers on different channels
- Monitors campaigns and analyzes data to assess audience engagement and expectations
- Uses social media marketing tools tracking and management software.
- Partners with the museum’s Digital Innovation and Technology Services Department to manage website and other digital efforts. Oversees promotional strategy for website and updates website content.
- Partners with the museum’s Research and Evaluation Department to identify resources and manage tools to effectively measure and evaluate the reach, engagement, and effectiveness of the museum’s digital communications
- Communicates effectively to all stakeholders including senior management and content developers
- Monitors and understands social media trends
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with supervisory and professional staff members, contractors, and vendors, including video production partner
- Attends meetings on exhibitions, public programming, strategic planning, and external issues as appropriate. Represents the museum on various external committees
- Attends all major museum events like MIX, Solstice, Parade the Circle, and others, in order to post content in real time.
Full-time Benefits Include
- Partner level membership to CMA
- Free, unlimited admission to select Cleveland Museum of Art ticketed exhibitions (two adult member tickets per visit, subject to availability)
- 50% off admission to select ticketed exhibitions for members' guests
- Free admission to select ticketed exhibitions for unlimited children, 17 and younger, when accompanied by a member
- Priority registration and discounts for museum art classes for adults and children
- 20% discount in the museum store
- 10% discount in the museum restaurant and café
- Annual subscription to Cleveland Art members magazine
- Free Garage Parking
- Your employment relationship with the museum qualifies you for free or discounted admissions to other cultural institutions such as the Natural History Museum, Botanical Gardens, The Cleveland Zoo, etc.
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- ID Theft
- Legal Services
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off