The Newsette is looking for a Social Media Manager to create thumb-stopping and highly engaging content to grow our social media channels. While our company HQ is in New York City, employees have the option to work remotely. Being based in the NYC area is not a requirement for this position.
We’re a next-gen media company and daily newsletter that empowers, motivates, and informs a hyper-engaged audience of Millennial and Gen Z women every morning. Like the best of her group chat, we deliver timely news, inspirational ideas, helpful career and financial advice, and interviews with influential women– ranging from celebrity founders, glass ceiling-breaking executives, and tastemakers —all with a cheeky twist.
Our mission is to make subscribers across the globe feel more powerful every single day with our engaging and digestible content. We’re working on some first-of-their-kind partnerships with the world's biggest brands that are going to surprise and delight women everywhere. And that’s where you come in.
About this job:
- We’re looking for a hands-on Social Media Manager to join our team and expand our brand to social channels. You’ll help manage channel strategy, create content, and measure and optimize our social presence, with a focus on Instagram and TikTok. You will work closely with our editorial, marketing, branded, design, and growth teams to meet our goals, including:
- Managing the day-to-day social media for The Newsette, including working with leadership to develop the content and platform strategy based on KPIs for growth and engagement, conceiving creative ideas, managing the content calendar, and copywriting, filming, and/or designing content for the feeds.
- Creating best-in-class organic social content that is valuable to our female audience – thumb-stopping, informative, engaging, and sharable.
- Assisting with the creation of organic and branded content, including asset creation, collaborating with internal teams and external content creators, as needed.
- Tracking and reporting data around audience growth and engagement on each platform and leveraging those insights to optimize accordingly.
- Staying up-to-date on social media trends, channels, tactics, and best practices, including TikTok, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Monitoring industry and competitive trends, acting as our subject matter expert for all things social.
- You are a content creator at heart and in practice with demonstrated success
- 1+ years of hands-on professional experience managing social media
- Demonstrated experience creating daily social content and managing the growth of social media channels
- Keen eye for design and ability to use basic photo and video editing tools (e.g. Canva, Capcut)
- Knowledge of social platforms, functionality and audience growth practices
- Understanding of women’s media; the areas of news, beauty, fashion, lifestyle, tech, wellness, finance, etc. are all a plus
- Fluency in Instagram and TikTok vocab and trends
- A willingness to learn, embrace change, and to adapt strategies on the fly
- You're a team player, kind and bring a positive attitude to every interaction
- Comprehensive healthcare plan including vision and dental
- Health benefit plans include access to One Medical and a dedicated health care concierge via Rightway
- Mental health benefits include access to Headspace and Spring Health for personalized therapy and four covered therapy/psychiatry sessions
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual Learn-A-Latte lifelong learning stipend
- WFH tech package
- Gym reimbursement
- Company-supported team gatherings, both remote and in-person
- Flexible remote/WFH environment
- Unlimited photos requests of Leo the Poodle, our Chief Happiness Officer
Base Range - $60,000 to $75,000 USD
Compensation is based on several non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills, and location. In addition to your salary, Newsette Media Group offers incentive units and a competitive benefits package which can be reviewed in our Newsperks section.
Newsette Media Group is proud to be building a fun and challenging workplace that is free from discrimination. We believe that a team made up of diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives will make for a better working environment and stronger company.