We are BrandGlue—a social media strategy and creative agency, reaching our client’s audiences effectively in the places they hang out most.
We’ve got some exciting new clients and projects in the works. So many, in fact, that we need a Senior Social Media Strategist to help us manage this new work, while also helping us make sure our new and existing clients are taken care of.
In this senior role, you will be responsible for helping to create and execute the organic and paid social strategy for some of our top clients, most of whom are in the B2B technology space. This includes playing a role in creating the social strategy, drafting, scheduling and posting social content for clients following each of their brand guidelines/schedules/cadences (including owned/client content and finding curated content), pulling social metrics for client reporting, and handling many other backend operations, such as (but not limited to): drafting campaigns and reporting documents, managing each client’s budget, managing graphic design and animated video projects, and more. You will front-face with our clients and, after an intro and training period, become the main POC for clients that you manage.
When it comes to you, here’s what we want to know:
- Are you ‘Type A’, extremely organized and efficient, and proud of it?
- Do you love exploring and learning new platforms and programs, as long as they work?
- Do you enjoy laying out a plan and strategy, whether for an upcoming personal trip or for work at your job?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, do you get along well with others (even difficult people) while remaining efficient in getting things done?
- Are you the person that friends go to for help?
- Do you love watching from the backstage, knowing that the show was able to go on because of all your behind-the-scenes work?
- Do you have a can-do, “I’ll do anything for my team” attitude? Are you a positive person, consistently known day in and day out for having a great attitude at work?
- Are you a strategist who also can get into the weeds, effectively having a bird’s-eye view of things while also being able to drill down into the finer details?
We’re looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to serve on our team as part of our control center for the exciting expansion happening within our agency.
This is a full-time, remote position (and will remain as such forever). An honest-to-goodness, full-time opportunity that you can do from anywhere within the continental U.S.A.
We don’t need you to know every aspect of digital marketing, but you do need to know the general lay of the digital marketing land and consider yourself knowledgeable and a true expert in social media. This includes but is not limited to:
- Being a daily social media user on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- An expert in social media strategy with regards to both creation and execution.
- Knowledge and expert execution experience of social advertising including key metrics like impressions, engagement, CTRs, CPCs, CPLs and familiarity with pixels across social outlets (the Facebook SDK is a plus), as well as social ads audience creation and management.
- Experience with campaigns, marketing personas, social reporting, and managing multi-tiered social ad campaigns.
- Expertise around buyer journeys for social media.
- Familiarity with premium online content, such as webinars, ebooks, whitepapers, videos, etc.
We’ll be straight with you: This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Think this gig is tailor-made for you? Read on to learn what your daily and weekly duties would include:
- You would be the owner and strategist for all client tasks you manage. You will be held responsible for how well things get done for your clients.
- You are responsible for helping spearhead creative brainstorming for campaigns and social media strategy for your clients.
- You will evaluate client tasks daily to make sure all social media needs are taken care of. You will prioritize tasks, reporting, and special requests from each client accordingly so they get done on time and in a topnotch, quality manner.
- You will collaborate with other team members, such as our graphic design team. These teams are working on other client needs at the same time, and you will be responsible for managing your requests and collaborating with them to juggle the other work they are doing for the larger team.
- You will be responsible for making sure internal processes, as well as client-specific processes, are followed and all deadlines are met for the clients you are managing.
- You will be responsible for reviewing all project work you have completed for each of your clients, making sure it meets all requirements (spelling/grammar check, imagery is on-brand, timing of the social post is correct, etc.).
- You will be responsible for keeping your BrandGlue team lead apprised of your clients and various projects. You will have a fair amount of autonomy; you just need to check-in regularly so that we know you’re on track and feel adequately supported.
- You will test and QA everything, serving as the final check before any social campaign or post goes live. If something doesn’t meet our standards, the you will require more work on the task.
- You will be the main POC for the clients you manage. You are responsible for maintaining and succeeding at that relationship, giving 100% to and for each client and brand.
- You will be responsible for assisting with all reporting needs for the clients you are managing, including helping each client lay out their key goals and KPIs, and then doing your part to help your clients achieve those.
- You will be responsible for knowing if the work being delivered for your clients is on-brand and of appropriate quality.
Quick Tip: When you apply, please put “Applying for BrandGlue Senior Social Media Strategist - [Your Name]” as the title.
Here’s who this position is not for:
- Anyone who struggles with attention to detail. Tip: Your life is pretty darn organized, and your house and car are generally clean.
- Folks who aren’t very organized, or often make mistakes with typos or data entry.
- Those who aren’t efficient with their time and multitasking.
- Anyone who isn’t a people-person.
- People who aren’t active on social media on at least a daily basis.
This position is for a person who:
- Is resourceful.
- Can handle pressure and tight deadlines.
- Understands and has expertise on both organic and paid social strategy and execution.
- Loves to talk strategy.
- Works well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and clients.
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality.
- Is a high-functioning communicator.
- Is extremely organized.
- Takes ownership and pride in their work.
- Is not afraid of new challenges.
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Adapts well to changes on-the-go.
- Is technology savvy.
- Can handle direct feedback.
- Can juggle many moving pieces while staying collected and professional.
Here’s what the right person will love about this position:
- You’ll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of, but from a brand side: executing social strategy, posting content, running social advertising, and learning new ways to make things work for the clients you manage.
- You’ll get to work in a fast growing social media marketing agency and learn from some of the top experts in the field.
- You’ll grow your skills and expertise on all things digital marketing, social media, content development, and building brands with a massive audience online.
- You’ll also see “behind the scenes” of how we have become the premiere social media agency around, as well as get to interface directly with a number of our F100 and F500 clients.
- You’ll be part of a company that has one main goal: Helping people get more of what they want out of life. By helping people create successful businesses, we help them create successful lives.
Sounds like what you’ve been looking for?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. Please include the following in your email:
- Highlight 3 brands that you think do a great job on social media and why.
- Share about a recent social ads campaign that you ran: what were the goals, how did you execute against those goals, and any key learnings that came from the campaign. Include both organic and paid examples.
- Share links to your personal social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Give a few recent writing samples. These could include, but are not limited to: recent social posts, blog posts, editorials, newsletter articles, position papers, brochures, marketing materials, and educational materials.
We can’t wait to hear from you!