The Newsette is looking for an Associate Editor, Lifestyle to join our editorial team. While our company HQ is in New York City, employees have the option to work remotely. Being based in the NYC area is not a requirement for this position.
We’re a next-gen media company and daily newsletter that empowers, motivates, and informs a hyper-engaged audience of Millennial and Gen Z women every morning. Like the best of her group chat, we deliver timely news, inspirational ideas, helpful career and financial advice, and interviews with influential women– ranging from celebrity founders, glass ceiling-breaking executives, and tastemakers —all with a cheeky twist.
Our mission is to make subscribers across the globe feel more powerful every single day with our engaging and digestible content. And that’s where you come in.
About this job:
You will work closely with our team to create amazing content. You’ll collaborate on The Newsette newsletter, but also help support other exciting emerging content verticals. Responsibilities include:
- Aggregating and creating valuable daily content for our audiences
- Planning and writing culture, lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and similar content, while also providing analysis/key learnings
- Helping to craft and shape our editorial voice, ensuring we’re always staying mission-focused
- Managing editorial calendars and related processes
- Building new editorial projects and franchises
- Supporting branded content initiatives
- Ideating new content franchises across, site, newsletter, social and more
- Ability to write in The Newsette’s cheeky and engaging voice/style
- At least 2 years of professional writing experience, preferably with a focus on fashion, beauty, and/or commerce
- A breadth of knowledge on both luxury and more attainable brands is a plus
- Knack for sourcing great stories and drawing your own conclusions about them
- Track record of managing projects and strict deadlines
- You're an ambitious self-starter who is excited to work with a team of motivated people
- You're a team player, kind, and bring a positive attitude to every interaction
- Demonstrated passion for justice-focused issues is a plus
- Comprehensive healthcare plan including vision and dental
- Health benefit plans include access to One Medical and a dedicated health care concierge via Rightway
- Mental health benefits include access to Headspace and Spring Health for personalized therapy and four covered therapy/psychiatry sessions
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual Learn-A-Latte lifelong learning stipend
- WFH tech package
- Gym reimbursement
- Company-supported team gatherings, both remote and in-person
- Flexible remote/WFH environment
- Unlimited photo requests of Leo the Poodle, our Chief Happiness Officer
Base Range - $50,000 to $60,000 USD
Compensation is based on several non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills, and location. In addition to salary, Newsette Media Group offers incentive units and a competitive benefits package which can be reviewed in our Newsperks section.
We are proud to be building a fun and challenging workplace that is free from discrimination. We believe that a team made up of diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives will make for a better working environment and stronger company.