How will this role have an impact?
Signify Health is looking for a Network Communications Manager to join our growing team. This person will work with department leaders to develop and implement communications to Signify Health’s national network of physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants – our provider network. Additionally, this person will create interdepartmental communications related to the operations of our provider network. The role will work directly with the VP of Network Operations with a dotted line to VP, Communications. The position will work in collaboration with multiple departments including, but not limited to the communications, corporate marketing and human resources teams to ensure continuity in messaging, tone and brand standards. In this capacity, they will be responsible for creating a streamlined operational workflow including strategizing, developing and implementing an overall plan, approach and appropriate cadence on communications. The primary responsibility will be to manage, deliver and measure high-quality, engaging communications tailored for the needs of our providers.
Our team is guided by the company’s mission to build trusted relationships to make people healthier. If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity and working with a highly motivated and experienced cross functional team that is passionate about solving the most complex challenges in the U.S. healthcare system, this is the role for you!Qualifications
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing
- 5+ years of Marketing Communications or Public Relations experience, engaging with a clinical audience strongly preferred
- Strong content development including writing skills and experience writing for a range of mediums, including: newsletters, emails, guides and fact sheets, and video/podcast scripts among others utilized for internal stakeholder awareness and education. Familiar with AP Style.
- Experience with content development, management, digital publishing platforms
- Demonstrated success designing, managing and measuring marketing communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluently speak, read, and write English
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask
- Experience working with full Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Google Doc, Google Sheets)
- Experience working with full suite of Microsoft Office
- Experience with digital marketing channels, email marketing, and automation (e.g., Mailchimp, Pardot). Customer Relationship Management Software experience preferred (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce)
- Experience with design tools (i.e. Canva, etc.) for day-to-day needs (i.e. resizing photos, creating email banners). Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a bonus.
- Accurate data entry skills
- Intermediate analytical skills including but not limited to data interpretation on engagement and survey results
- Knowledge of copyright laws
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Self-directed and organized
- Ability to tackle sensitive topics/situations with confidentiality and discretion
- Team player
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to take direction
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Manages communications to the provider network, including integration with marketing and corporate communications
- Develop and implement policy and process guide to request communication to the network
- Contribute to the development of strategic (Annual Provider Communication Plan) and manage tactical plan for communications initiatives for overall network communication efforts via various channels
- Ensure that network communications adhere to corporate brand guidelines
- Manage quality assurance for provider network communications
- Collaborate with corporate marketing and communications to leverage appropriate avenues for communications efforts for the provider network
- Manage the process of gathering content, writing, editing and securing approval for assigned communications from subject matter experts
- Leads communications related to campaigns, evaluation and identify lessons learned and recommend changes for future campaigns based on analysis
- Responsible for creating monthly Your Signify Source Network Edition newsletter and contributing to the weekly Your Signify Source Enterprise newsletter
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders to help define their communications needs and preferences (e.g., issue to be addressed, desired outcomes)
- Collaborate with the VP, network operations, Corporate Communications and Corporate Marketing to ensure messages are aligned and accurate for all network communications
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create communications
- Proactively build effective relationships and positive communication with internal departmental stakeholders to assist with quick turnaround deliverable communications requests
- Demonstrate understanding of the Signify business (e.g., organization structures, business strategies, current initiatives, goals, and objectives)
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging trends in marketing communications
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and on call
- Assist and complete reports as requested by the VP, network operations and VP, corporate communications
- Participate in staff meetings, conference calls, and other meetings, as needed
- Be on time, ready to work at your assigned work location on a daily basis
- Manage time effectively
- Respond well to coaching and supervision
- Attend training sessions to acquire/enhance skills related to programs offered
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required
Signify Health is helping build the healthcare system we all want to experience by transforming the home into the healthcare hub. We coordinate care holistically across individuals’ clinical, social, and behavioral needs so they can enjoy more healthy days at home. By building strong connections to primary care providers and community resources, we’re able to close critical care and social gaps, as well as manage risk for individuals who need help the most. This leads to better outcomes and a better experience for everyone involved.
Our high-performance networks are powered by more than 9,000 mobile doctors and nurses covering every county in the U.S., 3,500 healthcare providers and facilities in value-based arrangements, and hundreds of community-based organizations. Signify’s intelligent technology and decision-support services enable these resources to radically simplify care coordination for more than 1.5 million individuals each year while helping payers and providers more effectively implement value-based care programs.We are committed to equal employment opportunities for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
To learn more about how we’re driving outcomes and making healthcare work better, please visit us at www.signifyhealth.com.