Editor – Pro Buyer
This role is about crafting the stories that matter most to one of the most influential investment communities in the country. Reporting to the Editor-in-chief for Citywire USA, we are looking for a New York-based journalist who is driven and outgoing to lead a team of three full-time reporters, covering the US asset management industry.
To be successful you will demonstrate an ability to edit exclusive stories and breaking news, work with reporters on longer-form articles, commission interesting features from internal and external contributors, develop strong relationships with industry professionals and manage a team of driven reporters.
A little about us... Citywire helps people make better investments. We publish news, analysis, and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors make the best decisions about where to place their clients' money. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. We employ around 300 staff and look for motivated, passionate, and dynamic people from all walks of life and backgrounds. Professional development is paramount to us to keep innovated and we encourage training throughout your career. We have offices in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan, Singapore and most recently Paris and Sydney. We have fully embraced a hybrid model of working.
- Organizing and editing a daily email newsletter full of breaking news and interesting features for the Pro Buyer community
- Organizing and editing a quarterly magazine of features, interviews and analysis relevant for this audience.
- Building new contacts and establishing good sources.
- Training a team of journalists to chase news, develop contacts and write quick, clean and engaging articles.
- Travelling across the USA to meet key contacts and chair events.
Job specific skills / technical skills
- Experience as an Editor or Senior Reporter.
- A strong news sense and experience of a fast-paced breaking news environment
- Excellent editing and writing skills – we’d love to see some examples with your application.
- Knowledge and understanding of the US asset and/or wealth management industry as well as financial markets.
- A supportive leader who is comfortable working in a hands-on and collaborative manner.
Who we are
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make it happen attitude.
- 20 days paid vacation rising to 23 after 3 years’ service, 24 days after 4 years’ service and 25 after 5 years’ service, plus federal and state holidays
- Generous health insurance contributions from day one.
- Dental, vision, HRA, HSA, and FSA plans available
- Company 401k/Roth retirement plan with employer contribution (up to 4%)
- Life insurance and short & long-term disability insurance
- Monthly/annual ($50pm/$600pa) company contribution towards a well-being activity of your choice. This can include gyms, therapy sessions or wellbeing app subscriptions.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer.