Pod People is looking for a PR & Social Media Manager to support fully integrated podcast marketing campaigns from planning through execution. We view earned media and social media as a critical driver of our organic and paid growth strategy – in this respect you will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact on the broader growth of our brand!
This role will be perfect for a detail-oriented storyteller with mastery of both technical and aesthetic best practices for copy, images, and video across social platforms. We highly encourage experimentation with new ideas and driving adoption, while supporting growth for our Pod People brand as well as our client campaigns.
As an essential addition to the Marketing team, you’ll work closely with ourDirector of Marketing to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients,contribute to the strategic growth of the marketing department, and work cross-functionally to ensure marketing plans are tracking against goals.
Responsibilities & Duties
PR & Copywriting
- Oversee PR strategy for Pod People (conference pitching, awards submissions, press releases)
- Assist with copywriting and PR pitching for all client campaigns (editorial submissions, newsletter outreach, etc.)
- Assist with drafting sales copy for our website/landing pages, decks, proposals, case studies, and/or sales scripts
Social Media & Content Creation
- Own the overall social strategy and content creation across multiple platforms for Pod People’s channels, engaging existing and potential followers through timely, interactive, and engaging social content.
- Support the concepting, strategizing, and executing of 360 Marketing campaigns to drive podcast downloads, listens, and increase brand awareness (includes both launching new podcasts across a variety of genres, as well as sustaining growth across existing podcasts).
- Track, report, and analyze social media analytics related to Pod People initiatives.
- Bring a deep understanding of growth & optimization best practices such as A/B testing to conduct experiments, evaluate results, and build new features to improve conversion funnels.
- Stays up-to-date on social media, branding, audio, and podcasting trends and translates those into recommendations to strengthen Pod People and client brands.
- Copywriting, content marketing,, social media marketing, and/or PR role leading high-priority creative projects at an advertising agency, production company, in-house marketing department, consulting firm, or similar environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Graphic Design, or another related field.
- Proficient in copywriting, social media marketing, channel management, and content creation
- Experience using data driven marketing to contribute to the growth of an audience or subscriber base.
- Broad set of existing contacts in the podcasting or audio space to support pitching efforts
- Knowledge of major social channels (e.g., Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.), social analytics tools (HootSuite, Sprout Social, HubSpot, etc.), and graphic design tools (Canva, Adobe Illustrator, etc.). Bonus: Knowledge of Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a remote, full-time role with a salary in the annual range of $70,000 - $85,000. Pod People covers 70% of premiums on our Healthcare package, has unlimited PTO, and a 3-day weekend each month. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive company culture with every addition we make to our team.
About Pod People
Pod People is a global leader in full-service podcast production and amplification. We are passionate about the power of storytelling and helping our clients bring their stories to life, as well as developing our growing slate of creative Original podcasts.
We’ve also spent years curating a global community of professional audio makers. In addition to our incredible in-house staff, our community consists of 2500+ audio professionals (Producers, Editors, Sound Designers, and more) around the globe. We are diverse in talents, experience, and demographics.
To fully embody Pod People’s values of Inclusion, Community, Balance and Authenticity, we look for and empower team members who are:
- Left & Right Brained: CombiningCreativity with Systematic Problem-Solving
- Ambitious: Being Growth-Oriented, trusting our team to Execute, and facilitating Self-Direction
- Community Driven: Building community throughAuthenticity, Kindness, Vulnerability, Inclusivity and Transparency
Pod People is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E.)
Pod People is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to the following: Race, Color, Age, Sex, Sexual orientation, Gender, Gender identity and gender expression, Religion, National Origin, Pregnancy, childbirth, Marital status, Physical or mental disability, Military or veteran status, Citizenship and/or immigration status, or any other protected class.
Pod People is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Pod People will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please inquire with the hiring manager.