VinePair is looking for a motivated Assistant Editor to join our editorial team. We’re interested in someone who is excited about working in a startup environment, resourceful, and passionate about our brand. If this is you—plus you love the world of drinks—and you have writing and editing experience, we should talk.
This position would primarily be responsible for supporting our editorial team across projects, including but not limited to: writing, researching, and reporting; SEO; wine, beer, and spirits tastings; podcast ideation and production; and social content creation.
We are looking for a candidate who’s a hard worker with a great attitude and a knack for generating endless ideas. The ideal person is passionate about VinePair’s mission, “Drinking is Culture,” and will contribute their creativity to continue to grow this dynamic publication.
Job Requirements Include
- Pitch, research, report, and write feature and supporting articles on a variety of topics
- Regularly generate ideas and contribute to editorial projects and programming
- Daily editorial article production in CMS
- Daily editorial newsletter writing and production
- Support of other editorial projects, including but not limited to: drinks tasting and reviewing; podcasting; events
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- 1-3 years writing and/or editing experience, bonus points if in the wine, beer, or spirits space
- Flawless grammar and spelling
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Passion for journalism, not just book-report writing
- Knowledge of Wordpress a plus
- Must be able to work 4 days a week in our NYC offices
- Must present proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster
- Must love dogs (our offices are dog friendly!)
- Health insurance with 80% monthly premium covered; vision insurance; free OneMedical and Teladoc memberships; free 1-year Talkspace membership
- Regular wine and spirits classes, staff tastings, monthly events, and other team outings
- A fast-paced, exciting startup environment
- Learning and development stipend
Interested? Please send your resume, a cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these applications will be prioritized over LinkedIn Easy Apply applicants.
Salary commensurate with experience