Working at Horizon is more than a job – it’s personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most – the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
The Horizon Therapeutics Internship Program offers aspiring professionals an opportunity to build a strong foundation of business acumen, technical skills, and knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry. We are committed to providing program participants with experience-based learning, multidimensional assignments, targeted training, and continual coaching and development.
Intern responsibilities include a variety of short- and long-term projects, assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Horizon federal government affairs function, and assisting government affairs staff with any and all needs. Duties include:
- Monitor key health-related priority issues for Horizon
- Write government affairs and policy newsletter, pulling from various sources
- Cover House of Representatives and Senate hearings and write summary memos
- Update and synthesize Member of Congress biographies for meetings with Capitol Hill
- Listen and report on political and policy calls, including trade association calls, as necessary
- Provide research on various policy projects and generate memos
- Assist in planning Horizon events
- Assist with meeting scheduling as needed
- Handle presentation formatting/ printing handouts as needed
- Gain a broad understanding of the responsibilities of Government Affairs role at a biotech company
- Other ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- First year graduate student working towards a Master’s degree in field related to internship, or attending a postgraduate law program at an accredited college/university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a condition of employment, with Pfizer that has been fully approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) or one of the vaccines currently granted emergency use authorization by the FDA such as Moderna or Johnson & Johnson. Fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. We will provide medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.