The Marketing Manager is a key member of the marketing team, responsible for managing social media strategy and implementation, major event promotion, and developing other compelling marketing materials and strategies to support the promotion and development of CCI’s mission and initiatives.
An ideal candidate will be a generalist who is looking to grow as a manager and leader, with an interest and experience in managing many different types of projects along with a sophisticated approach to the written, visual, and data-driven aspects of marketing and communications.
CCI offers meaningful work, an incredible team, an expansive professional network, a fully remote workplace, a salary comparable to similarly sized nonprofits, a bonus plan based on organizational performance related to annual goals, comprehensive health plans, unlimited vacation time, flexible Fridays, and an employer-provided computer. This full-time position can be done on a flexible schedule remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Meet the team and learn more about our organizational culture.
The Marketing Manager will provide operational support as needed based on the evolving needs of the organization, with a focus on:
- Content Calendar (25%) - Work with the VP of Marketing & Operations to establish an annual Content Calendar to support content planning across all owned media channels (including email marketing, social media, website content) for all of CCI’s programs and initiatives. Partner with the Creative Services Manager and Marketing Coordinator to execute on that plan, managing projects and tasks utilizing the Asana project management platform. (25%)
- Social Media (25%) -Oversee and implement all aspects of Conscious Capitalism’s social media including planning, content creation, scheduling, listening and responding, and reporting. Provide guidance and limited oversight for the social media channels of CCI’s local Chapters. Work collaboratively with the Creative Services Manager to create visually compelling and engaging regular content and campaigns. (25%)
- Major Event Promotion (25%) - Work with the events team and Creative Services Manager to develop promotional and day-of materials for CCI’s major events, with a primary focus on the annual CEO Summit and new Salon Dinners. Manage and implement the promotional calendar, writing copy for communications, creating email marketing content, and ensuring all aspects of the marketing plan are executed in a timely manner.
- Website Maintenance (10%) - Provide website maintenance, analytics reporting, and updates with a proactive approach to keeping content fresh and removing out-of-date materials. Work with the Creative Services Manageread to lead the refresh of the current website in 2023 and a full website redesign in 2024/2025.
- Direct Report & Cross-Departmental Guidance (15%) - Provide coaching, mentorship, and supervision of CCI’s Marketing Coordinator who is primarily responsible for facilitating lead qualification and prospect management, virtual event marketing, and newsletter content development. Support the creation of templates for CCI Chapter marketing activities and provide feedback and guidance to the internal Chapter Team on marketing materials produced for communications.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related discipline will be highly valued, although we also welcome alternative forms of education, experience and training that provide a foundation for this role.
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience, including leading the management of multiple social media accounts and hands-on experience and interest in the tactical execution of social media and other content campaigns.
- CCI has a LinkedIn-first social media strategy, experience managing an organizational LinkedIn presence is preferred.
- Experience with a professional, CEO, and/or B2B audience(s) will provide the best foundation for success.
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience of junior team members through direct supervision or indirectly through project leadership.
- Experience in writing effective marketing copy, event marketing a plus.
- Experience in tracking, reporting, and learning from marketing performance metrics in support of specific goals.
- Experience with Constant Contact, Asana, Salesforce, and Google Workspace preferred.
Character Traits & Capabilities
- Collaborative, energetic, and enjoys helping others
- Excited and committed to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Highly cause-motivated, desires to participate in purpose-driven work
- Attentive to details, communicative, responsive, and open to feedback
- Creative in approach to developing new materials and solutions to complex communications projects
- Iterative, solutions-oriented mindset with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Enjoys working on many different types of projects and is able to prioritize their own work and the work of others based on deadlines and organizational priorities
As a fully remote team, candidates may be asked to travel domestically to CCI events or team gatherings on a limited basis.
We value diversity and commit to making hiring decisions based upon the character traits and capabilities that correlate to being successful in this job. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
$65,000 - $75,000 annual base salary, commensurate to experience
Eligible for Annual Bonus
- Fully Remote Team working from the comfort and flexibility of their home offices
- Year-End Bonus Plan based on organizational performance to team goals
- Comprehensive Health Plans through UnitedHealthcare with 85% employer contribution and HSA/FSA with employer contribution
- 401k with employer match of up to 3% or up to $3,000
- Flexible Fridays, a meeting-free day each week to catch up on independent work, professional development, or, if there are no urgent deadlines, flex the full or part of the day off
- Unlimited Vacation Time with nine paid holidays and “virtual office” closure during the last week of the calendar year
- Eight Weeks of Parental Leave available after 1-year of full-time employment
- Professional Development Opportunities through team and independent activities
- Company-Provided Laptop that becomes property of the team member after two full years of service
How to Apply
Submit an application: http://bit.ly/3WvpuWi
Be sure to include:
- Short Answer Responses answering the following questions in an introductory letter made out to “Hiring Team”, included with your resume, or by using the question boxes provided in the application.
- Why is our organization, team, and this role a good fit for you?
- What is unique about your professional experience?
- How do you see yourself contributing in your first six months?
- Portfolio of projects you have worked on both collaboratively and individually in the format of your choice