ABOUT VFILES: OWN THE CULTURE YOU CREATE
VFILES launched in 2012 with the mission to demolish the opportunity gap, build open-source creativity, and invent a creative democracy. Fashion, Music and Culture is our focus. In 2021 VFILES pivoted into a non profit organization to turbo charge our mission. We invest in underrepresented communities to enable socioeconomic mobility and empower sustainable wealth creation. We know that the most innovative future leaders will come from communities who have experienced inequality and underrepresentation. Our goal is to propel them forward.
POSITION SUMMARY: Social Media Manager
VFILES is seeking a Social Media Manager to manage and develop the VFILES social footprint across platforms including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat and more. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of fashion, music, cultural trends, and be adept in content production. Experience in social cadence, strategy, & audience development is a must.
In collaboration with VFILES leadership, the Social Media Manager will oversee VFILES social content strategy and execute on all original and/or branded video and photography content for VFILES social media. With a keen knowledge and passion for fashion, music and cultural trends, the Social Content Manager will help develop key brand projects and pilots designed to test, grow and engage social audiences.
- Generate and manage a consistent release schedule on social media, including but not limited to VFILES original series, and live event coverage across various social platforms
- Be an important voice and contributor to VFILES original and branded video content production, graphics and photography.
- Deliver branded video, graphics and photo content for brand partners as needed, bespoke to their specifics and deliverables
- Pitch social media initiatives and ideas, with project plans and budget proposals, to reach targeted VFILES audience segments
- Oversee social analytics, using analytics tools/platforms, to improve performance and reach of social media efforts to ensure VFILES is tracking towards growth goals
- Manage weekly newsletter content featuring new drops, events, and announcements
Minimum 3 years experience in social media management and content creation, with an understanding of social dashboards, algorithms and social analytics.
- Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects skills
- Camera + Sound abilities a plus
- Production management skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities at a time.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and ability to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Passion for the arts and shared belief in the VFILES mission of empowering young creatives from underrepresented communities, especially BIPOC and LGBTQ+ artists.
- Collaborative team player.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a retainer basedposition with remote and hybrid work options - rate is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a resume, examples of content created and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to email@example.com
Please include Social Content Manager in the subject line.