TIME is a global media brand built on 99 years of unparalleled trust and authority, with an audience of more than 100 million people worldwide across our platforms. Our team is collaborative, innovative and committed to TIME’s mission of informing, guiding and engaging our audience with groundbreaking journalism, immersive experiences and live events.
TIME is an equal opportunity employer. Our people drive the culture. Our culture drives the mission. Our mission drives the business. Our business impacts the world. An inclusive and diverse team not only makes our content and our products better, but our workplace stronger. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are top priorities in our recruiting and hiring, and our culture.
We’re looking for a digital native executive to help craft the strategy and oversee execution for TIME’s newsletter business and other end user revenue opportunities. This role will primarily be responsible for developing the revenue, product and growth tactics for the company’s newsletters and aligning the editorial, sales, marketing, data and design related activities that support all newsletter products. This person will work collaboratively with the executive team to define, implement and deliver an ambitious strategy that will unlock advertising, affiliate, and consumer revenue growth across multiple digital content offerings.
- Research consumer usage, satisfaction, interests related to existing newsletters
- Identify new opportunities for increasing newsletter engagement
- Drive subscriber growth through editorial, product, marketing and referral initiatives
- Work with editorial and product teams to improve the newsletter content delivery template
- Develop newsletter growth hacking strategies
- Assist ad ops in developing newsletter sales packages
- Monitor revenue performance of newsletters and coordinate internal communication regarding available newsletter sponsorship and ad product opportunities
- Investigate new revenue streams that benefit from TIME’s newsletter platform and audience
- Build robust reporting processes and track operational KPIs
- Develop commerce content strategy and push merchandising and technology initiatives to build a strong commerce operation
- Onboard, integrate, manage affiliate partners
- Look for opportunities to grow revenue from end user activities and set up internal editorial, sales, marketing, and technical collaborations and external partnerships to execute on new revenue plans
- At least seven years in the publishing industry
- Experience with growing a newsletter business, particularly in growing the subscriber base of newsletter products and forging new revenue models.
- Strong understanding of digital publishing best practices, as well as how to leverage social media for maximum effect
- Superior strategy, analytical and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success leading and scaling growth in end user-driven revenue business, such as newsletters, commerce, and gaming
- A clear thinker with excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Persuasive communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team
Salary range: $75,000 - $105,000
This position is not represented by the NewsGuild of New York.