Note: Before submitting application below, please read the full summary here. It may be the difference between getting an interview or not.
Virtual A Team is a new type of service in the Virtual Employment arena. We don't justdo administrative work but provide business management and an entire virtual team to our clients.
Our brand promise is We manage your business, projects and team for you so you can focus on the things that only you can do.
Our company culture focuses on support, appreciation, ongoing learning, proactivity, healthy boundaries, and FUN!
Virtual A Team is always on the look out for individuals with valuable client service and project skills.
The Bad News First
- There are no benefits. This is a 1099 Contract position but there is the potential to turn into an employment position in the future.
- Must have own computer and minimum internet speeds of 25 mbps down and 7 mbps up.
- This position is only available to those who are based in the US and Canada.
- We want a member of the family. While you will start out part-time, we consider all of our team members a part of the family and want you to consider this your home for now and well into the future. If you are just looking for a temporary position, this is not the right fit for you.
What About the Good News?
- We work virtually. That means you can work in your own home and don't have to commute. While you will be doing Zoom calls with the team and clients, you get to save money and be home for your family when needed.
- Never a Dull Moment. All of our clients are unique in their specific needs and personalities. That means you'll never get bored doing the same thing over and over.
- No Evenings or Weekends - unless you want to. Our policy is to honor personal time. We inform our clients that we do not work evenings and weekends. If you choose to work on a project or task during these hours, that's your right, not an expectation.
- Ongoing Training. We meet regularly (virtually) as a team to provide support and ongoing training on programs, systems, and ideas.
- Stop Chasing Clients. If you've been working in your own business, you know how tough it can be to have a steady stream of clients to pay the bills. Maybe this isn't your cup of tea (or coffee, if you prefer) and you just want to do the work you do well. This is a position that will bring the clients to you instead of you doing all the work to find new clients.
In this role, you will be required to attend to all customer queries, comments, and requests via Teamwork, phone or email. You'll also be helping clients manage their routine tasks and projects.
To ensure success as a client support specialist, you should be able to display exceptional communication skills and the ability to support customers as needed. Ultimately, a top-notch client support specialist should be able to adapt to different client needs, address issues and concerns, and stay on top of both hers and her clients' work.
Client Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Responding to client queries, complaints, and requests via Teamwork, phone, email, or chat.
- Assisting clients with routine projects and tasks including, but not limited to; email management, newsletter management, podcast production, blog management, bookkeeping, etc...
- Informing clients about Virtual A Team updates and recommendations.
- Following up with clients to report status and share updates.
- Keeping a detailed record of client communications, including weekly status updates, useful comments, as well as positive or negative feedback.
- Analyzing client feedback and advising management on areas of improvement.
Client Support Specialist Requirements:
- Must be available during US business hours.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year experience working as a virtual assistant, or a similar role.
- Working knowledge of various online business tools such as CRMs, Scheduling, WordPress, Project Management systems, etc...
- Excellent knowledge of client relationship management best practices.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, native English speaker is a plus.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The ideal person for this role will exhibit:
- A go-getter attitude. If your idea is to sit back and wait for someone to approach you with their next task or project, this isn't a good fit.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- An ability to tack criticism within the context and use it to improve.
- The rate of pay during the first 90 days of training is $15 an hour. Upon completion of training, the rate will increase to $18 an hour.
- Our CSSs work for us on average between 4 to 12 hours per week. The more skills you have, the more work that you can do.
We generally get a high number of applicants when advertising for this particular role. We do not have time to interview everyone. We use a proprietary system to evaluate applicants based on their application responses. From this list, we will select a handful of individuals to invite to submit a prerecorded video.
From the video responses, we will then narrow down our selection of individuals to invite to a Zoom interview. We believe in taking time to hire right so we don't have to hire often.
Because we are looking for detail oriented and thorough people for this role, we expect all applications to include the words, "proactive" in the CODE section of the application. Applications that do not include this will automatically be eliminated from consideration.
If you feel you might be a good fit for the Virtual A Team team, please complete the attached application.