The Social Media and Communications Manager will manage our social media and execute the organization’s communication strategy. Think Big for Kids is primarily based in the Tampa Bay area, and has recently launched in Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, New Jersey and Metro DC. The role will be responsible for digital marketing and communications in all locations, but the position is based in Tampa Bay. In addition to 5 – 7 years of experience and a marketing/communications education background, the ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, digital marketing expertise, social media strategy skills and a stellar attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be able to lead projects independently and have a passion for helping kids and working with volunteers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, lead and execute strategic marketing to raise awareness of Think Big, share the impact of our program and attract more volunteers and donors.
• Lead all areas of marketing for Think Big, including social media, website content, newsletters, press, communications, and event management.
• Follow our annual plan to execute the marketing strategy in alignment with organizational goals in the following areas:
• Social Media
- Create and maintain a communications calendar for social media posts.
- Coordinate and manage social media content from a variety of stakeholders including Think Big staff, board members, volunteers, and partner organizations.
- Use of Canva, or similar tool, to execute social media posts.
- Create new and edit existing marketing and promotional materials, ensuring established brand standards and design elements are consistent.
- Content creation, graphic design and writing of our quarterly newsletter.
- Manage volunteer committees and communications.
- Develop flyers and program materials.
- Writing and distribution of press releases.
• Website Content
- Ensure the website content is current, timely and appropriately reflecting the impact of our program and opportunities for volunteers to participate in Think Big.
- Manage website edits, leadership page, write blogs and overall content management.
- Respond to inquiries from the contact form on the website.
- Event planning responsibilities for partner company events, fundraisers, and others.
- Database management.
- Various administrative activities as assigned.
- Will work closely with and report directly to the Executive Director, in addition to working directly with marketing professional volunteers through our Marketing Committee.
• 5 – 7 years of experience in Marketing/Communications
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related field; experience with non-profits or as a volunteer a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Effective interpersonal communication skills
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Strong ability to communicate and work professionally with partners and volunteers
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Prefer experience with WordPress web sites and with graphic design platforms, such as Canva
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Ability to excel in a flexible working environment and work independently from home, with some time spent in the office for team meetings and at Think Big programs.
This position is largely remote, full-time, salary-based and benefits are offered.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Think Big for Kids is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty among middle and high school students by preparing them to excel in today’s workforce. Founded by tech entrepreneur Tony DiBenedetto, the organization works with business partners and likeminded organizations to develop kids’ untapped potential. Think Big for Kids has served over 3,500 students since 2016 by providing opportunities for career exploration, mentorship, and job readiness & placement.
For more information, visit www.thinkbigforkids.org.