AWA (Artists Writers & Artisans Inc.) is an award-winning, multimedia entertainment studio founded by Marvel, DC and NBA alumni. We create bold and socially relevant stories as comics & graphic novels and develop them into film, television, and other mediums. Our north star is finding outstanding original stories and developing them to their fullest potential. We have offices in LA and NY.
The Marketing Manager’s primary responsibility is developing and delivering marketing campaigns, compelling digital assets, social media messaging and press materials. The role involves regular outreach to media, influencers, partners and the exceptional writers and artists whose work AWA supports. The role reports to AWA’s CMO and works closely with the editors, film and TV studio head, and outside resources.
- Managing AWA’s social media accounts, helping grow audience and engagement
- Overseeing social media messaging, weekly consumer newsletter, and daily graphics with AWA’s social media agency
- Managing YouTube channel and video creation
- Coordinating with AWA’s communications agency on strategy and outreach to comic and Hollywood trade press and wider fan media
- Liaising with creators, writers, and artists on all marketing campaigns
- Managing AWA events at film festivals and comic conventions
- Assisting Sales & Trade Marketing Manager with retailer communications and email marketing
- Managing and updating AWA’s website, www.awastudios.net, and LinkedIn presence
Qualifications and characteristics:
- Passion for supporting storytellers and helping their work grow
- Four years’ content marketing and digital experience in comics, publishing, film, television, streaming and / or gaming
- A motivated self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- 4-year college degree
- LA or NY-based preferred.
Please include your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time, mostly remote with in-person meetings and some travel
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year