About The Obama Foundation
At the Obama Foundation, we are guided by a core belief: that ordinary people working together can change history. Our mission is to inspire
those people to take action, empower
them to change their world for the better, and connect
them so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
We were founded by community organizers, so when we seek change, we do it by bringing people together.
That approach begins at home, on the South Side of Chicago, where we are building the Obama Presidential Center. The Center represents a historic opportunity for Chicago: a chance to build a world-class museum and public gathering space that celebrates our nation’s first African American President and First Lady, steps away from where he began his career, where she was raised, and where—together—they made their home.
But that approach extends to all our work, whether it’s holding leadership training sessions in communities throughout the U.S., bringing local leaders together in countries around the world, working to support the global education of girls, or ensuring young men of color have pathways to opportunity.
As President Obama has said, “we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together.” So join us.
For more information, please visit www.obama.org.Purpose of the Role
Support the Public Engagement team by assisting with the development and execution of administrative and operational processes that will ensure efficient coordination across workstreams and that strategic objectives are met.Core Job Responsibilities
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- Administration: Organize and maintain Public Engagement shared Drive, ensuring that all team members have access to relevant files. Draft and disseminate bi-weekly engagement reports. Maintain an organized calendar of Civic Engagement events. Schedule and coordinate onsite meetings, retreats and other convenings. Draft agendas for standing team meetings.
- Data and Analytics: Manage Salesforce data entry for the Public Engagement team. Manage the collection and reporting of quarterly program and event metrics, in collaboration with the Foundation’s Measurement & Evaluation Manager. Serve as an accountability partner to ensure that new processes are working efficiently across the team.
- Program/Project Operations: Track project deadlines in Asana, following up with teammates on progress as needed. Share and submit team highlights for newsletter/Foundation highlights channel.
- Event Support: Provide onsite event support, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A team hub and shared drive is organized and maintained and comprehensive team onboarding resources are created and maintained.
- Salesforce and Asana are kept up to date and monitored so that PE team engagement and projects are efficiently tracked in both systems. The Strategy and Operations Analyst will monitor and track these systems,
- Biweekly update reports and newsletters are developed and shared with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Public Engagement team leadership has the administrative support that they need to execute on their strategic goals and objectives.
- The Chicago Engagement Working Group is supported with meeting agendas, program and event calendars are maintained in Asana, and recaps and next steps are shared post working group sessions.
- Highly organized, with a track record of strong decision-making and completing short- and long-term responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high volume organization with discretion.
- Exceptional project manager; track record of designing and implementing effective and efficient systems and processes that deliver excellent results
- Anticipates needs and takes initiative.
- Highly resourceful problem-solver and team player.
- Proficient with Google apps
The salary range for this role is between $48,750 and $81,250.
Don’t check off every box in the requirements listed above? Please apply anyway! Studies have shown that marginalized communities - such as women, LGBTQ+ and people of color - are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. The Obama Foundation is dedicated to building an inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible workplace that fosters a sense of belonging – so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still consider submitting an application. You may be just the right candidate for this role or another one of our openings!
In the interest of employee health and safety during the pendency of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Obama Foundation is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment.Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.