At Front Office Sports, we work hard - as we build our own niche in the world of sports media. We believe in autonomous and ambiguous work, trailblazing, and equal opportunity for all.
We are a multi-platform media brand built for the modern sports consumer. FOS reaches an influential and rapidly expanding audience of over 30M people per month across our newsletters, website, podcasts, and social channels.
FOS is backed by SC. Holdings, a New York-based investment and strategic advisory firm, and Crain Communications, one of the largest privately owned business media companies with 21 leading business, trade, and consumer brands in North America, Europe, and Asia. We are building the next generation of the business of sports, we’ve got big plans, and we are looking for the top amongst the elite of talent to ignite this new world in sports. Join us, and together, we can achieve greatness.
About the Role
The VP of Creative Strategy is responsible for managing the creation of reactive and proactive proposals and sales materials. This person must be able to strike a balance between exceptional project management skills, strong leadership skills, and a creative point of view; while also being able to work collaboratively with team members to usher in the strongest ideas possible.
The ideal person for this role will have a focus on working collaboratively with our internal editorial and social teams, supporting our sales and brand partnerships team, as well as a small team of their own, while forecasting through a strategic lens, and also taking the lead on new creative initiatives.
- Partner with the sales team to develop insights-driven marketing strategies
- Meet and exceed brand objectives, assist in driving advertising revenue, deliver on RFP responses and proposals
- Plan and Ideate custom proactive solutions and position them appropriately for brand partners
- Attend media/marketing calls with brand advertisers and/or agencies to identify client needs, lead internal briefing sessions of cross-disciplinary teams, develop response proposals ensuring content ideas are purposeful, on-brand, and on-strategy, and pitch ideas succinctly & effectively
- Weave insights and ideas into compelling, coherent stories using PowerPoint, Keynote, and other desktop design applications
- Create sales materials including presentations, one-sheets, and other sales collateral
Ideal Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience building proposal decks and marketing materials as they relate to RFP and proactive responses for a digital or print publisher; Knowledge of sports and/or business publishing a plus
- Experience leading brainstorms and concepts around a range of sales categories
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a team of 2+
- Strong creative, writing, and storytelling skills, with experience weaving in RFP language to create customized submissions
- Expert in Apple’s Keynote
- Self-starter eager to build new programs, processes, and initiatives for the overall growth of the business
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant media platforms (newsletter, onsite, multimedia, social, etc.) as well as nuances between custom and editorial content
- Incredibly organized with the ability to project manage and produce your own work and collaborate across teams clearly and confidently
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex ideas into easily digestible information
In 2021, Front Office Sports was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and in 2022, named ‘Hottest in Sports’ in AdWeek’s Hot List.
Our culture is built on ambition and teamwork and our core values guide us day in and day out. We welcome and encourage the grind and unrelenting perseverance that originated this start-up.
- Efficient Excellence - The skill and agility it takes to execute an excellent process with ease.
- Ambitious Adaptability - The drive and desire to go with the flow and grind.
- Passionate Ownership - Bringing that undying dedication to your work every day, to reach new levels.
- Trailblazing Innovation - We don’t just find a way, we find ours and make it the best way.
- Consistent Quality - Do what we do well, day in and day out.
Benefits & Perks
- A remote-first policy with a monthly WFH stipend and coworking membership
- Generous PTO policy including mental health days and floating holidays, plus company holidays
- Employer-sponsored health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness perks include: a ClassPass stipend, health advocate, TelaDoc, and Talkspace
- 401(k) with a 3% company match
- Endless development opportunities at a growing startup annual professional development stipend