At ECOS®, we are a women-led company with a mission to create plant-powered laundry detergents and cleaners that are safer for people, pets and the planet. As a Climate Positive company, we restore more than 100% of its carbon, water, and energy use back to the earth, in our four manufacturing facilities right here in the USA.
We’re looking for a talented Content Creator/Social Media Manager who will be responsible for leading all content creation and management across organic marketing channels including social media, website, blog and newsletter.
Key Job Functions
- Works with the Director of Marketing to develop a cohesive content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing objectives.
- Personally ideates, plans, and executes daily social content from end-to-end including concepting, copywriting, recording, photographing and video editing for stories and posts
- Creates and owns a monthly content calendar across social media platforms, website, blog, and newsletter, ensuring integration to national media campaigns.
- Acts as one of the primary on-camera talents for short-form video, sourcing other talent as needed to execute ideas.
- Attends industry tradeshows, company events, and other special projects as requested to capture content (travel required).
- Proactively manages the internal content approval process, partnering with marketing, legal, sustainability, regulatory and creative services to ensure deadlines are met.
- Designs and writes content for brand blog, website, newsletter, integrating SEO best practices to support search strategy.
- Collaborates with external partners effectively to ensure brand consistency and optimization (paid media team, influencer/partner team, SEO/copy writing team); leverages influencer/partner content across organic and paid media channels.
- Serves as the internal social media expert for the company, staying up to date on content/social media best practices and trends, bringing ideas and recommendations to the team.
- Analyzes and presents performance of organic social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions.
In order to be successful, you will need:
- Passion for improving the lives of our consumers and providing safer products that are better for the environment
- Passion for storytelling and connecting with consumers across shared values online
- Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience or minimum four years’ experience as a content creator/social media manager, preferably for a consumer products brand
- Demonstrated prior results growing brand engagement and followers (portfolio of work will be requested in the interview process)
- Prior experience writing copy for blogs, websites, and social media
- Proficiency in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn and content management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Prior start-up or small business/brand experience preferred (experience working with founders a plus)
- Highly organized with ability to plan and manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Highly flexible and adaptable – willing and able to travel upon request to special events, company activities or industry tradeshows
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid work environment (self-starter, responsive, comfortable with remote meeting/collaboration tools such as Teams and Slack)