Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The SEO and Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating, maintaining, and optimizing digital marketing content for Nuvance Health. Includes content for web (nuvancehealth.org), Nuvance Healthline (digital content/blog), email newsletter(s) and advertising campaigns.
The primary function of this role is to utilize SEO best practices to identify, create and optimize content for digital platforms to accomplish departmental and organizational goals and strategic objectives. The Digital Content Specialist is an expert writer and storyteller with an eye for design who can create compelling content to drive measurable business actions.
The position is responsible for writing, trafficking and optimizing content across all digital touchpoints. The successful candidate for this role is a highly motivated, consumer-minded, creative boundary pusher who lives Nuvance Health values. The Digital Content Specialist reports to the Director, Digital Marketing. The position will be located in our Danbury, CT office with a hybrid work schedule.
Keyword Research and Tracking
- Analyze keyword research on an ongoing basis to uncover SEO gaps and identify a pipeline for high-performing web pages and blog posts
- Develop and maintain successful SEO campaigns including managing and analyzing best-in-class landing pages with a focus on cross-linking, content quality and meta data optimizations
- Utilize SEO & Marketing tools including BrightEdge, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console to further refine and develop Nuvance Health content
- Bring forward keyword recommendations and optimizations, in conjunction with digital agency, to content/PR team to flow into content planning calendars for Nuvance Healthline
Content Development and Maintenance
- Create content for nuvancehealth.org website using a consumer-centric approach intended to maximize search and discoverability. Able to articulate clear calls to action and deliver content focused on conversion and measurable outcomes.
- Develop content in written, visual, digital, e-mail, and audio formats that inspire and encourage desired actions by key consumer audiences.
- Practices, implements and stays abreast of the latest trends in search engine optimization (SEO). Supports day-to-day search engine optimization (SEO) research in collaboration with Director, Digital Marketing and Director, External Relations to improve organic search. Monitor and direct best practices and ensure that digital content is optimized for search.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing strategists, public relations/content team, IT, creative agency partners, developers, and designers to bring projects to life.
- Apply strategic thinking and understanding of business goals while creating content focused around user experience and patient journey
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to write and implement content for e-mail marketing at each touchpoint on the patient journey
Project Management, Trafficking and Reporting
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze and report on SEO improvements
- Manage projects with estimates on timeline for assigned projects and ensures that work is completed in a timely fashion.
- Follows and monitors competitive brands to ensure the organization remains distinctive in our markets.
- Participates in creating and contributing to a positive work environment among colleagues.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a similar position; healthcare experience not required.
- Working knowledge of platforms such as BrightEdge, SEMRush, Moz, Marketo or similar platforms, Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager.
- Basic understanding of CMS desired
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing, and optimizing digital content for web and mobile platforms as well as other consumer experience tools.
- Familiarity with content marketing best practices; including e-mail marketing, precision marketing, and CRM best practices.
- Strong quality control and quality assurance practices, including proofreading, data-checking.
- Ability to work well in a team-based, highly-matrixed, corporate professional environment.
- Expertise in enterprise-level content management systems
- Familiarity with website content creation standards and basic UX best practices.
- High level of proficiency with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Search Console and Google Tag Manager
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and basic design principles.
- Comfortable working with clinical subject matter experts, compliance, and legal teams, often distilling highly scientific and complex terminology to simple language.
- Experience working in a marketing environment or marketing/digital/interactive agency preferred.
Excellent time/project management skills.
Location: Summit-100 Reserve Rd
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Monday - Friday, 9-5pm
Org Unit: 1808
27.9100 - 51.8300
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.