seeks a dynamic leader and experienced editor to play a pivotal role in the launch, and expansion, of a digital platform aimed at family offices and ultra-high-net-worth individuals.
The ideal candidate for this startup within a major media company must be able to operate at a high level, executing the strategic direction set in concert with the publisher/executive editor. Strong editing skills, as well as the ability to identify content that will engage and grow our audience are essential.
The editor will report to the publisher/executive editor and manage a newsroom comprised of 1 full-time reporter and a team of freelancers.YOU WILL:
- Drive an audience-first content strategy throughout the newsroom.
- Oversee the day-to-day development, production, and distribution of digital content through website, newsletters, and alerts.
- Work with publisher/executive editor to develop a newsletter strategy intended to drive membership and engagement.
- Identify, and manage the production of, long-term and short-term feature articles and/or special reports aimed at keeping our audience informed of trends and developments affecting family offices and the ultra-high-net-worth market.
- Work with publisher/executive editor to program Crain Currency events; represent Crain Currency at outside industry events and gatherings.
- Be responsible for the planning and execution of editorial projects, including research and franchise initiatives.
- Assist in programing and moderating Crain Currency events, both in-person and virtual.
- Work with publisher/executive editor to assemble and manage an advisory board of members to inform content and events strategies
- At least 5 years of relevant editing experience
- Outstanding news judgment and demonstrated experience leading creative daily news coverage that builds and serves a loyal, engaged audience.
- Demonstrated experience as a newsroom manager in hiring, growing and inspiring journalists.
- A solid understanding of financial services, particularly as it relates to family offices and ultra-high-net-worth space.
- Excellent editing ability and demonstrated skill in working under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act quickly on new digital audience growth opportunities.
- Solid understanding of content management systems and web-based products and standards.
- Experience building large, loyal audiences through SEO, UX, audience analytics and social media.
This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.Pay Transparency Disclosure:
The estimated salary range for this position is $90,000 to $130,000.
The final salary offering will take into account a wide range of specific and relevant factors, including experience, accomplishments and location. The salary range provided should not be considered as a salary limit or cap. In addition to base salary, Crain also offers competitive benefits including retirement plan savings contributions and bonus opportunities based on individual and company performance.
Visit us at www.Crain.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)