Digital Communications Manager & Americorps Project Coordinator
Salary: $42,000-$52,000 DOE
Job Type: Full-time/Exempt
Report to: CEO
(REMOTE): Must live near Salt Lake- UT, Phoenix-AZ, Nashville/Chattanooga-TN, Chicago/Aurora-IL, Tampa-FL
Number of hires: 1
Start Date: 03/01/2023
Youth Rising is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Digital Communications Manager and Project Coordinator. The Manager will be responsible for curating & expanding Youth Rising’s values, ideals, aspirations & brand through digital media strategies. The Manager will coordinate and produce a variety of content & material for our vast array of priorities in an effort to meet our program and community expansion goals.
- Work with existing branded design templates in Canva to manage calendars to maintain daily social media posts, community flyers, palm cards, and other media/marketing needs
- Create a monthly internal e-newsletter and quarterly external e-newsletter through MailChimp
- Assist in the advance planning of forecasted programs, designs and implements strategies to implement and sustain programs and chapters
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting
- Assists the team with creating and distributing operational and administrative forms and reports necessary for the transmission of information, satisfaction of reporting requirements, establishment of control systems, and evaluation of program effectiveness
- Collaborate with various internal and external content creators (photographers, videographers, designers, etc.)
- Continually provide insights on best practices, strategic recommendations, and new opportunities for our social media presence
- Engage in conversation across social channels to connect with and increase followers
- Ensure a steady stream of content across Youth Rising social media profiles including written, photo, and video through collaboration with all departments
- Help manage and produce paid social media for Youth Rising and social media channels
- Set follower growth goals and create activations that help reach these goals including collaborations, contests, reels, and other methods of new follower acquisition
- Track emerging social media trends and platforms
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
- Work with Outreach & Media Team to define demographics and psychographics of the optimal viewer, follower, donor, and advocate attributes
- Develops procedures, policies, and instructions necessary to the operation and implementation of projects within your department
- Assist with project goals, documentation, and weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting
- Assist with youth, volunteer, and partner recruitment through digital platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Master’s) in Marketing or Communications
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of current and emerging social platforms
- Reliability, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere), Canva, and Mailchimp
- The ideal candidate will be able to create professional-grade content by deadlines
- MUST be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word, Google Platform, email, computer and technology use (5+)
- Valid Driver's License
- Must pass background check
POSITION TYPE & SCHEDULE:
FTE (40+ hours/week) Mon-Fri and some Saturdays throughout the year. *Schedule may include irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends. Opportunity for advancement.
* Please read the job post completely and visit our Join the Team page www.youthrising.org/apply to complete the application process. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submit the following to HR@youthrising.com (1) cover letter (2) resume (3) completed YR application. Reply via EMAIL ONLY to HR@youthrising.com.