Remote (Greenville, SC Preferred for Occasional In-Person Meetings)
Who We Are, and What We’re Looking For:
Designli is a digital product studio in Greenville, South Carolina. We specialize in the rapid prototyping of new software concepts (iPhone apps, Android apps, and responsive Web-Apps), taking our clients from “Vision to Version 1” as quickly and effectively as possible.
Startups and entrepreneurs value our process for its key 'pausing points' along the way, as we help founders seek validation, feedback, and - oftentimes - investment.
Established businesses lean on Designli when launching new, software-driven initiatives for many of these same reasons, seeking internal buy-in while iterating quickly based on customer feedback. Designli also staffs full product teams for established technology operations on 6-month to 12-month contracts.
We’re seeking an analytical, data-driven, and organized Marketing Coordinator that is able to tie together various marketing initiatives, ensuring Designli’s marketing budget is deployed as effectively as possible to reach our ideal customer type.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Designli Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for all public marketing initiatives for the Designli brand, and for overseeing various sub-contractors that perform individual marketing duties.
You’ll be at the helm of marketing strategy, identifying and determining the best moves the company should make. As an intimate team that accomplishes big things, you’ll be the one to help determine what overall direction our marketing efforts should move in and what specific content should be created to support that. You’ll then make sure all sub-contracted marketing channels will be working in collaboration to support that strategy. This means creating growth and demand marketing plans and identifying areas within our internal sales processes that can be improved or changed for better ROI. Ideally, this involves data-driven analytics and confidence in running optimization tests.
When managing the Designli blog - which is our primary public marketing engine - you’ll conduct interviews of South Carolina business leaders (which we call ‘The Founder Factor’), helping coordinate transforming the most popular of these posts into a podcast and video series, seen here. You’ll also interview satisfied Designli clients (which we call the ‘Startup Stories’), transforming those interviews into long-form thought-leadership content. To put these pieces together, you’ll have the opportunity to manage a team of photographers and copywriters, coordinating these write-ups and photoshoots with the appropriate parties after you conduct the verbal interviews and pull out a ‘theme’ that helps guide the contracted writer(s).
You’ll also conduct research on technology-related topics (app development, website development) in order to guide subcontractors on writing Search Engine-optimized blog content, collaborating with our outsourced SEO Consultant and copywriters - executing upon a yearly content calendar that you’ll help create.
You’ll help collaborate with our outsourced Social Media marketing team - working with them to prepare and provide approval on a monthly social media content calendar. More specifically, you’ll help ensure that these social posts follow the Designli brand guidelines and writing style.
You’ll manage our paid advertising budget, which today focuses on paid sponsorships on the Clutch directory site but may, in the future, grow to Google Ads as well. You’ll manage a dashboard of paid advertising channels and the effectiveness per channel - ensuring we maximize our budget as best as possible - by referencing HubSpot (our CRM that logs the origin source for each lead).
You’ll spearhead our push into creating new client-facing education content: explaining how our process works, and what clients can expect along the way. This may take the form of written and visual presentations, as well as YouTube videos: which will likely include having you speak into a video camera describing our process, etc, and having a contracted video production agency assist with cutting these videos into a presentable format.
In summary, and bullet-point format, your role will include:
Strategy Creation and Implementation:
- Develop strategic sales and marketing plans based on the company’s goals that will promote sales growth, brand awareness, market penetration, and customer satisfaction for the organization.
- Develop and implement overall marketing strategies, ensuring all marketing channels (SEO, social media, audio, etc) are in alignment with company direction and goals for growth.
- Experience using analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, to identify areas for growth, customer insights, best ROI, and other measurements that would help determine marketing strategy.
- Performing consistent website optimization tests, such as A/B testing webpages in HubSpot.
- Create and deliver periodic reports on marketing strategy results, using a data-driven approach for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ideate creative concepts and messaging that could improve our processes and lead capture, specifically within the sales process.
- Planning blog content with our outsourced SEO agency, and coordinating the writing of these blog posts with our outsourced marketing agency. Posting these completed articles on the Designli Blog (a WordPress blog) and sourcing custom imagery when needed.
- Interviewing past clients, as well as South Carolina business leaders, in recorded Google Meet interview sessions. These interviews are not directly published to the public but are used to guide the written pieces found on our blog (you’ll conduct the interviews and pull out a ‘theme’ to be featured in the written piece, and guide a subcontracted writer accordingly). You’ll monitor for what pieces are most popular, and facilitate moving these pieces to podcast/video format thereafter.
- Overseeing Designli’s social media channels, helping with the oversight and approval of social media posts in collaboration with our outsourced Social Media marketing team.
- Exploring other channels that our written articles can be distributed to, and leading those initiatives - which today include Inc.com and Forbes.com guest posts.
- Publishing our “First Thursday” email newsletter via Mailchimp to ~4,000 subscribers monthly.
- Monitor and track the effectiveness of our paid marketing channels (Clutch.co PPC, for example) to optimize our cost-per-lead.
- Creating new videos while also being featured on camera elaborating on Designli’s software development process. These videos will be used for marketing purposes as well as existing customer education.
- Flexible vacation policy, including 10 Paid Vacation Days and 10 Paid Holidays, plus an additional 5 Unpaid Vacation Days.
- Retirement and health benefits.
- A fully remote position, with the added benefit of being able to work from VentureX (141 Traction Street, Greenville SC 29611) if desired, and/or at VentureX for select in-person client and team meetings. VentureX is an extremely cool coworking space in the West End of Greenville.