Lead digital marketing and communications. Run social media channels and campaigns, create graphics, write articles and newsletters, and help distribute and market SEA’s content. Assist running SEA’s educational programs and work on other SEA-related projects as needed.
SEA is looking for a committed, self-starting, energetic team member with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail with the written word. The ideal candidate will promote and distribute SEA’s high-quality content on social and other media. A requirement is the ability to create graphics and be very familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop), Microsoft Office (PPT and Excel), and Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Ads and Drive).
The ideal candidate is/has:
● Knowledgeable about social media and creating graphics.
● Excellent written communication skills to communicate with our team and with outside volunteers and students. Grammar and writing abilities will be assessed.
● Positive, enjoyable to work with, and willing to learn with a “can do” attitude.
● A team player and enjoys contributing to a great cause.
● Distribution of Content/ Digital Marketing and Communications
○ Communicate distribution updates with the entire SEA team.
○ Responsible for running SEA YouTube channel, including managing advertising budget and plan to release new content.
○ Write and share news posts on SEA website and social media channels as well as monthly email newsletter.
○ Work with a contracting web team about necessary updates, improvements, and changes to our website.
○ Assist with communications and marketing strategy for all SEA-related content.
○ Track SEA website, YouTube and social media channel metrics using Google Analytics and Admin and create weekly graphs to share with the team.
○ Create and update SEA presentations and other promotional materials to share with stakeholders.
● Switch Classroom
○ Responsible for assisting the Switch Classroom Curriculum & Product Development Lead with data analysis, marketing, including social media posts and writing newsletters.
○ Work with the Teacher Advisory Council (TAC) on blog posts and preparing for annual TAC Summer Institute and teacher conferences.
○ Create and update flyers, using Canva and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
● Switch International Energy Case Competition
○ Responsible for working with the Project Manager to run the annual International Case Competition.
■ Work with interns to determine theme and logistics, including creating the case packet and organizing meetings.
■ Communicate with student teams, mentors and judges to coordinate logistics.
■ Create social media posts and create graphics to promote the competition and its winners.
● Administrative Duties
○ Responsible for assisting with internal SEA operations.
■ Work with ED, Manager of Operations, and Curriculum and Product Lead, and contractors as needed.
■ Organize and maintain Google Drive with all SEA-related content. Name and save files correctly.
■ Work in our database, NEON, to assist with data entry, organization of folders, and running reports.
This person will be a critical member of our team who can work on any SEA project, as needed.
Full time role reporting to the Executive Director in our office in Austin, TX. Medical and dental benefits included. Salary to be commensurate with experience.