Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration
Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
We are looking for a strategic leader to help us drive internal communications across our scaling and global teams. Your main goal will be to help thread the needle between everyone's work and the company’s goals to drive a sense of purpose and connection.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and visual storyteller with experience driving impactful communications initiatives for dynamic organizations. In addition, you’ll be a trusted communications advisor to the CEO, leadership team, and the company.
Among some of your responsibilities, you will help tell the Mural story to candidates and employees alike, provide context for company-wide initiatives and programs, and celebrate our culture. We are searching for a candidate adept at networking across the business, listening to and understanding employees’ needs, and willing to ask thought-provoking questions and advise our leaders on how to ensure their message has an impact.
In this role, you will
- Drive the development and execution of our Internal and Executive Communications strategy, which highlights our cultural values, and company strategy and goals
- Develop internal communications infrastructure and processes to streamline and scale the business
- Manage, improve, and develop all internal communications programming, such as our company All Hands, employee newsletter, Wiki, programs, and events
- Use and develop data to understand employee sentiment and effectiveness of internal communications
- Work closely with Marketing and Talent Acquisition to help drive Employer Branding initiatives
- Evangelize the Mural platform using visual storytelling throughout communications.
- Implement communication programs and strategies that drive strong communication and collaboration across Mural’s remote-first and global footprint
- Experienced in executive, internal, or employee communications with global, remote and fast-paced organizations
- Experienced in producing communications across a variety of channels, such as newsletters, videos, and events such as conferences, seminars, customer meetings, and/or All Hands meetings
- Able to prioritize and focus in a fast-moving, demanding environment – a love for being both a strategist and a doer
- Take an optimistic approach to problem-solving, and have a proven track record of successful partnerships with team members
- Able to lead through influence and teamwork
- Strong in visual communication, superior writing, editing, and proofreading
- Interculturally and globally aware, which is folded into all communication strategies and tactics
In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role ranges from $146,400 to $201,300 + equity + benefits but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In the state of California and Washington, the salary for this role ranges from $164,700 to $226,500 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your city of residence, qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In New York City, the salary for this role ranges from $183,000 to $251,700 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
What We Offer
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.