Fall Creek is creating a world with better blueberries through its friendly, collaborative team spread across the globe. To help us accomplish this, we are seeking a qualified Communications Manager
. This position will be located in our Eugene, Oregon, USA; Seville, Spain; or Guadalajara, Mexico Regional Office
. Professional bilingual language ability in Spanish and English is required.
The Fall Creek Communications Manager creates, implements, and evaluates the efficacy of Fall Creek’s communication strategies. The role will own effectively promoting the organization, its mission, values, employees, products, and services to both external and internal audiences. This position will lead the creation of Fall Creek’s internal and external communication content including effective employee, customer, media, government, and public relations communications. The Communications Manager provides quarterly and annual communications reports and contributes to the annual marketing plan. The Communications Manager manages vendor relationships.
What you'll do at Fall Creek:
- Develop strategic communication plans and lead initiatives to support Fall Creek Farm and Nursery’s overall strategic objectives.
- Manage the development and execution of internal and external communications materials to include, but not limited to, press releases, presentations, executive speeches and talking points, newsletter articles, website and social media content, and coordinate with external public relations agency in preparing responses to press inquiries and requests for information.
- Develop and maintain media relationships with focused attention on the Agriculture and Produce industries.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Director and Human Resources Director to manage internal communications and ensure that the company vision, mission, strategy, values, and key accomplishments are effectively communicated and understood throughout the organization.
- Support Human Resource team with internal communications projects, including but not limited to company meetings, recruitment, Intranet content, and orientation video production.
- Pitch stories per calendar to earn media coverage based upon company activities and ensure that industry press and third-party websites are updated regularly about Fall Creek news and developments.
- Serve as on-call contact for all media inquiries 24/7/365 and coordinate executive and subject matter expert interviews as appropriate.
- Manage quarterly and annual communications reports and contribute to annual marketing plan.
- Provide overall support to the Commercial Director and company growth initiatives globally.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring to Fall Creek:
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in a comparable role.
- A confident, capable oral communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing and publishing skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Full bilingual capability (oral and written communication) in Spanish and English.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media and social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Requires good judgment and the ability to positively influence decision making.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices.
- Must exemplify and adhere to company values.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development.
- Coursework or training in project management.
- Experience working in Agricultural science in a B2B environment.
- Experience using Salesforce and Pardot marketing platforms, media contact databases, earned and social media analytics/reporting tools.
Who is Fall Creek?
We’re a US-based company with a keen focus on blueberry genetics, plants, and grower support delivered to the world’s premier blueberry growers. From our humble beginnings in Lowell, Oregon more than 40 years ago, we now also have wholly-owned nurseries in Mexico, Peru, Spain, South Africa, Netherlands, and China. Additionally, we have built a global team of the finest breeders, researchers, propagators and nursery professionals, grower support technicians, sales and customer service experts and more. We’re a deeply-planted link in a global chain, ready to serve our customers and our industry throughout North, Central, and South America, Greater Europe, Asia and Africa. Our mission is to serve the growers and to support the blueberry industry, helping to ensure growers maximize success through our delivery of the best genetics and plants, technical know-how and global market intelligence. To fulfill our mission, we focus on cultivating exceptional plants, building strong relationships and providing responsive customer service. This is all part of how we’re helping to build A World with Better Blueberries™.
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery®
offers a competitive salary and benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and 401K plan. This position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement upon hire. Employment offers are contingent on meeting our drug testing, background, and reference check standards