Founded in craftsmanship and community in 2011, Jacobsen Salt Co. is the first company to harvest salt in the Pacific Northwest since the 1800s. Our mission is to provide the finest elemental cooking ingredients and kitchen staples that inspire people to cook, eat, and live well, every day. Beyond our wide variety of pure and infused sea salts, we create and source the finest single-origin raw honey, salted confections, seasonings, gift sets, and other pantry staples.
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to support and execute on various marketing initiatives, primarily within the wholesale channel. This position is responsible for supporting a variety of marketing needs, including newsletter marketing, various marketing collateral projects, events, and demo coordination. The Marketing Coordinator will be asked to effectively direct marketing initiatives, maintain their organization, and deftly manage project timelines, all with an understanding of how the work contributes to broader strategic initiatives.
We are seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented marketing professional who is comfortable leading projects and can roll up their sleeves on tactical execution to drive the business forward. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, self-motivated, anticipatory, and tenacious go-getter. A successful Marketing Coordinator will demonstrate the capacity to develop, articulate, and execute on multiple projects at once, have an understanding of and familiarity with premium brands, and possess exceptional attention to detail.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, last name, and the job title in the subject line. Example: Jane Doe – Marketing Coordinator.
We will be accepting applications through March 31, 2023.
Wholesale Email Marketing
- Regularly execute email campaigns
- Manage and update email lists/addresses for sales team
Sales and Marketing Collateral Coordination
- Alongside marketing/sales, work with designers to develop, update, and maintain key marketing materials, including but not limited to: price and spec sheets, order forms, sell sheets/catalogs, recipe cards, POS cards, shelf talkers, shippers
- Oversee ordering and inventory of marketing materials such as event collateral, merchandise, promotional materials, demo materials, and sales support materials
- Coordinate and audit new product and packaging updates alongside sales/marketing/operations
- Support new product rollout, such as guiding the development of sales assets and supporting/educational collateral for internal team and retailers/wholesale customers
Events & In-Store Marketing Support
- Oversee and coordinate in-store demos, annual trade shows, selling shows, and local events
- Represent brand at select events and tradeshows, as determined by the Sales and Marketing teams
- Conduct store visits, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of Consumer Packaged Goods marketing experience
- Experience with Adobe CS, digital design, email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp or Klaviyo, and project management platforms such as Monday or Airtable
- Comfortable completing intermediate tasks on a computer, including proficiency in navigating the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint, as well as familiarity with Google Suite
The ideal candidate is:
- An extremely flexible and collaborative team player; our team is constantly evolving to suit the needs of the business, and being a supportive teammate to your colleagues is a must
- Adaptable in a lean and evolving high-growth business, with a demonstrated record of ability to perform under pressure; confident working independently and under direct supervision
- Someone with excellent time management skills, who can maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- An adept multitasker and project manager with strong organizational skills; able to efficiently prioritize outstanding tasks
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication, including verbal and written
- Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a positive manner
- A champion of JSC's ideals of integrity and inclusivity, both in the workplace and in the community
Essential physical functions:
- Must be able to stay in a stationary position at least 50% of the workday
- Some workdays will require consistently operating a computer; others will require walking or standing all day
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
Typical weekly schedule:
- The Marketing Coordinator role is a full-time, exempt position
- Position is based in Portland, Oregon, and will include a hybrid of in-office and remote work primarily during regular business hours of 9:00 AM - 5:30PM, Monday-Friday
- Ability to travel and work some weekends and evenings, ~10% annually
The starting annual salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000/year, DOE. Benefits include paid time off and paid company holidays, as well as eligibility for health/dental/vision benefits after 60 days and 401(k) after one year.