About The Team
Plans, develops and implements messaging for promotion of product awareness, business plans and management communications. Partner with management, business units, or sales to leverage message. Develops, enhances or revises marketing collateral for web, print or other media channels. Participates in media placement decisions. May work with outside agencies to build and execute a media strategy. May function as editor for formal business communications. May design and implement measurements to analyze messaging program effectiveness and quantify revenue generated from executed programs.About The Role
We’re looking for an expert marketing and communications professional with a passion for storytelling, crafting executive speeches, narratives and event content programs that excite audiences, timely action and drive business goals.
Storytelling is one of the most important tools Zillow uses when it comes to engaging with, and relating to, our partners and key stakeholders. We share these stories through multiple channels. Events, for example, is an important channel for Zillow and as we continue to drive how we communicate virtually and in person, we need an innovator and problem-solver to help us embrace this hybrid landscape and evolve our content strategy to fit this new experience. We need someone skilled at telling Zillow’s story by telling our partners story, and sharing that with our partner community through direct channels such as blogs, on social media, on the web, and for events!
This will sit on the Partner Marketing team within the broader B2B marketing org at Zillow. Our goal is to attract and grow a network of the strongest partners in Real Estate to help customers unlock life’s next chapter. We do this by driving partner understanding, acquisition, engagement and revenue producing relationships while encouraging outstanding partner trust and affinity with Zillow. This Speechwriter and Content role is at the heart of this work!
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $124,700.00 - $199,300.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
As the Senior Manager of Speechwriting and Content Strategy, you’ll work with Zillow executives, high-profile guest speakers, Zillow teammates and external partners to build stories and content that delivers forward-looking inspiration and wanting to take action utility around Zillow’s mission and value proposition to our key audiences. Within this role, you will:
- Craft what Zillow partners hear and see from Zillow by identifying relevant industry trends and insights, committed to the conceptualization, creation, iteration and final delivery of content, from high-level strategy to cross channel execution.
- Translate business goals into strategic narratives and messaging for Zillow partner channels, such as events, social, web and blogs.
- Work in partnership with other content developers plus a cross-functional team of content partners to ensure alignment with the overarching narrative, goals and execution.
- Collaborates with our executives and speakers to ensure they’re confident in their message, visuals and performance.
This is a fast paced, strategic and creative role. To thrive and be successful, you are:
- Has worked in ambiguity and able to adapt mid-course based on business, partner and stakeholder needs. We are not only updating our approach to events, we are also navigating a period of rapid business model evolution.
- Naturally curious, a strategic problem solver that can tell a story that is bigger than key messages and product demos. We use events to communicate the why of our business as much as the what, providing broader context to our audiences that help them understand and engage with our current actions as part of our long-term strategy.
- Strong desire for collaborating across amazing internal partner teams - marketing, events, comms, production and to be successful. A strong partner to our leaders and teammates. Committed to drive alignment, consensus and continued dedication across these groups amidst firm timelines.
- A confident, clear and concise communicator who can present strategies to executives and senior leaders, lead group discussions, ask the tough questions and identify and further next steps to sustain momentum within the program development.
- Defining and upholding the bar for partner-facing content. To interact with partners about the compelling work that Zillow is doing to make real estate easier and how their partnership enables that mission.
- Interacting as a speechwriter to contribute to senior leaders, including driving the creation and delivery of compelling, executive-level presentation materials (slides, scripts, messaging documents, and customer stories).
- Growing the overall event content strategy and program management including developing the pre and post event measurement and learning plan.
- Defining and building relevant partner content for events (Newsletter, stories, press releases).
- 8+ years in marketing and/or communications field as a speechwriter, content strategist or technical writer
- Business to Business focus required
- Ability be in a fast paced, deadline driven, high pressure environment.
- Past experience working in Communications and PR and understanding how corporate Comms/PR works is a major plus.
- Ownership of storytelling, speechwriting, narrative development, content strategy and programming for events (including high-profile events) from strategy and concept to on-stage execution; virtual and hybrid event experience is a plus.
- Track record working closely with c-level executives and senior business leaders on high profile projects.
- Strong bias for action and the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet timelines.
- Experience handling content projects, including coordinating with other teams.
- Freelance and outside vendor management on large, time-sensitive projects.
- Presentation development for live audiences, from scripting to slide development.
- Preferred experience: ghostwriting, client/account/stakeholder management.
- You will need to provide a writing portfolio and complete a writing exercise.
- Travel is required to support events, and availability during weekends and evenings are required during crunch-time.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits
. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor
and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work
in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies
list.Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
See What Information We Collect About You.