You: a highly-adaptable and creative marketer who is unafraid to dig into complex business topics.
Us: a leading independent consulting firm. The firm was founded in 2001 and is owned by our active partners—allowing us to give independent, unconflicted advice.
We partner with Boards and Management teams to develop sound executive compensation and talent strategies that address critical business issues, drive sustainable business performance, align with stockholders’ key priorities, and steward the organization towards the long term.
This critical role touches numerous marketing activations and disciplines—including content marketing, outreach campaigns, events, website, and social media— and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer
What we’re looking for
- A relentless project manager. You can toe the line between following up and overzealous pursuit. You ask the right questions to prioritize your efforts and meet critical deadlines.
- A clear and compelling communicator. Sloppily written emails make you cringe. You write and speak in a simple, direct way but demonstrate tact and know how to adapt your message based on the recipient. You can talk to an expert and distill your notes into key messages.
- A design thinker. You understand how to present information in a clear, logical way and know how to build supporting materials to make your message come to life.
- A dedicated reader. Your intellectual curiosity has grounded you in a base understanding of how businesses work across industries; you stay updated on the latest business insights and trends.
- Someone who is maniacal about detail. You find and fix typos. You must straighten a slightly askew image.
- A numbers guru. You love digging into data and developing insights to drive better decisions and results.
- A technophile. You quickly learn new tools and love the way technology can drive efficiencies.
A sample of the day-to-day work
- Manage full marketing calendar (content, events, etc.) – from ideation to publication to amplification
- Coordinate with design and digital marketing contractors on website, collateral, and social media
- Implement basic website updates to ensure dynamic content stays fresh
- Update marketing dashboard and identify insights (e.g., content and campaign ideas)
- Work with an internal team to manage and grow our bi-weekly newsletter, Dialogue, which reaches the inboxes of board members, CEOs, and C-Suite executives
- Develop and implement social media best practices for the firm
- Work with leaders on email campaigns to engage their networks and improve their digital presence
- Support leaders and their assistants in leveraging Salesforce for building and managing relationships
- Apply marketing expertise to support internal communications and knowledge management
The nitty-gritty of what we’re looking for
- 4-6 years of marketing experience, preferably with at least 1 year at a professional services firm
- Strong writing skills
- Familiar with CRM (preferably Salesforce) and email marketing platforms
- Familiar with basic HTML and digital platforms like WordPress or another CMS
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Comfortable working with people at all levels
Compensation range for this role is $83,000 - $125,000 subject to experience. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time. Please visit our website https://semlerbrossy.com/about-us/join-our-team/ which has a wealth of information on our firm. We appreciate your time and interest and look forward to hearing from you!
Semler Brossy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military service, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by state, federal or local law.