The Membership Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive HistoryMiami Membership program. This position will be responsible for the implementation of special member events, campaigns, and initiatives, that will increase member engagement, retention, and revenue. Manage all membership records and communications to achieve financial and member unit goals and to ensure that the Museum’s obligations to its members are fulfilled. The position reports to the Director of Development, works directly and indirectly with all Development team members, as well as the Marketing, Education, and other departments as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage the membership program including the development and coordination of benefits and member cultivation and retention strategies.
- Identify membership goals and plan and implement campaigns for gaining new members, reinstating dropped members, and increasing the membership retention rates.
- Prepare letters and coordinate solicitations, acknowledgements, and recognition to members.
- Produce reports to track fundraising results, membership acquisition and retention, pledge payments, event attendance and financial outcomes.
- Coordinate the production of membership testimonials, materials, and brochure; including electronic and digital materials such as e-newsletter.
- Ensure that members are well informed about the Museum and its activities and events.
- Actively recruits memberships at Museum events, outreach and partnership events, and through mail and email campaigns.
- Receive member inquiries and resolve all questions related to membership.
- Coordinate the members Annual Meeting
- Manages the planning, budgeting, and implementation of membership events, as well as participates and provides support to a variety of other signature fundraising and donor cultivation events throughout the year, such as the Member Annual Meeting.
- Updates and maintains the “Members Only” webpages and social media accounts.
- Develops management strategies that will establish and build strong relationships with individual donors and members.
- Train and supervise departmental volunteers and staff on membership promotions and benefits.
- Composes solicitation letters, business letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain the integrity of the donor/membership database including timely data entry, resolution of duplicate entries, and ensuring details are complete and accurate.
- Oversee the operation of membership sales and work with Visitors Center staff and museum departments on back-office membership payments.
- Prepare regular reports to museum management and the board about membership results.
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve the mission of the Museum.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in membership and donor program management.
- Proven track record of ability to multi-task, stay organized when facing multiple priorities with competing time and resources needs.
- Event management and coordination experience.
- Strong customer service abilities.
- CRM Experience, Blackbaud Altru preferred.
- Full-Time, Exempt