4 Horsemen Publications, Inc. is looking for a self-motivated individual with a drive to learn the publishing industry. This includes many facets such as metadata, process flows along with interacting with distributors and vendors. You will be in charge of filing ISBNs and LCCNs, inputting data for team and uploads, maintaining datasheets, troubleshooting, keywords and SEO, and more.
This is a team environment and communication is vital as well as transparency and honesty. You will be scheduled for meetings often with the COO and team to troubleshoot, train, and check in on progress weekly. This is a full time position that shows the underbelly layers of publishing including prepping books for publications and engaging with publishing workflows.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
4 Horsemen emerged in response to a publishing world that doesn’t give promising authors a shot at the big-time. Our favorite works are ones from authors who aren’t afraid to challenge themselves–like you! We look for strong writing and engaging storytelling to create quality book series for readers across the world. Composed of a small group of dedicated professionals, we want to help you find your voice in the literary world. As a women-owned business, we publish, encourage, and support own voices and diverse works for all genres. We look forward to bringing the publishing apocalypse.
We are a hybrid book publisher combining over 20 years’ experience in company, publishing, design, and marketing in a joint venture to provide alternative publishing options for new and veteran authors. Trendy covers, top-notch typesetting designs, newsletter building, competitive pricing, wide distribution, strong editorial practices, a drive to provide readers with innovative book series, and many other aspects make up the quality and brand we call 4 Horsemen Publications. We aim to serve our readers and authors by building strong branding platforms to help authors grow.
SOFTWARE AND TECHNICAL
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Bowker (optional)
- Experience with LCCN prepub site (optional)
- Book publishing experience (optional)
- ONIX System (optional)
- Self starter
- Project coordination
- Multitasking with the ability to prioritize
- Administrative and data entry tasks to support various departments
- Direct and support complaints appropriately
- Patience and Professionalism a must
- Electronic filing and Organizational Skills
- Monitor pipeline and workflow status
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
- Flexible schedule or consistent schedule
- Tech savvy and experience
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in publishing terms such as ISBN, LCCN, Metadata, SEO, Keywords, BISAC codes, BIC codes, and etc. (optional)
· High School Diploma
- 30-40 hours a week
- Florida Resident preferred
- $13-17 an hour depending on experience