The Coordinator, Communications, will play a key role in a team communicating the mission and work of the United Nations Global Compact, in particular through project management and reporting/analysis. Under the guidance of the Chief of Communications, the Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:
● Campaign coordination and impact measurement
● Project management
● Writing, editing and proofreading
● Communication monitoring and reporting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Content Creation
● Draft content for website and social media
● Manage and execute website updates
● Manage video content and video archive
● Work with design and social media teams on campaigns
● Project Management
● Manage day-to-day work with in-house and/or external designers, video producers and editors, photographers, translators
● Support higher level staff with new projects and initiatives
● Provide digital support by sending out email communications through Pardot and Salesforce
● Writing, Editing and Proofreading
● Draft, edit and proofread a wide range of communications materials especially for digital assets, social media, website and email text. Tone of voice as well as the look and feel to follow UN Global Compact brand guidelines
● Manage the distribution of UN Global Compact monthly Bulletin newsletter and grow the audience
● Advise on key messages that best resonate with the broader audiences
● Monitoring and Reporting
● Creating quarterly impact reports using Meltwater and Google Analystics tools
● Create annual communication impact report e.g. 2021: COMMUNICATING IMPACT (adobe.com)
● Daily media monitoring for reputational risk
· Editorial Skills
· Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills in English
· Editorial judgment and storytelling ability
· An interest in different languages and cultures
· Ability to write for a business audience
Website, Email and Bulletin Design
● Proficient in HTML/CSS to edit webpages and emails, especially to create the monthly bulletin
● Proficient in Pardot or similar non-intuitive email marketing tool, experience in utilizing Engagement Studio is desirable
● Monitoring and Reporting
● Expert in developing communications performance report on media, social media, website, emails and bulletin
● Other Technical Skills
● Proficient in Excel especially using functions such as V-Look up, creating charts and effective timelines and sorting database
● Proficient in PowerPoint and Word especially for formatting documents and/or creating templates that align with UN Global Compact brand
● Knowledgeable of project management tools such as Asana
● Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization's interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
● Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
● Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses, and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● First degree
● Minimum of four year of relevant experience in communication or related field.
● Experience working on issues related to corporate sustainability is preferred, and understanding of sustainability especially as it relates to UN-business collaboration is desirable.
● Proficiency in English is essential (full command on both spoken and written). Knowledge of other UN official languages would be desirable.
- Salary Range - $51,000 - $65,000
- Retirement Plan – 15% employer contribution after 6 months of services with additional 7.5% matching option.
- Vacation Days - 30 paid days (6 weeks) per year.
- Maternity leave - 16 weeks with full pay.
- Paternity leave - 4 weeks with full pay.
- Medical /dental/vision employee coverage
Please include the following materials in your email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Coordinator, Communications
1. Cover Letter
● Applications will be accepted until 24, February 2023.
● Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or unsolicited emails outside of the submission process.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The Foundation for the Global Compact does not sponsor work visas
The Foundation for the Global Compact is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The Foundation for the Global Compact recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested.