We're hiring a VP of Growth Marketing.About Our Team And What We'll Build Together
theSkimm's Growth Marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, and creative thinkers who drive growth and engagement across all of theSkimm's platforms and products. The VP of Growth Marketing will be the strategic leader and driver of audience growth, engagement, and retention with a mission-focus on building an impactful brand for millennial women. Our ideal candidate is motivated by setting, hitting, and exceeding acquisition targets and has demonstrated success driving step-change growth across multiple products and verticals.How You'll Contribute To Our Mission
You're ready for this! Here's a bit more about what we're looking for...
- Develop a growth strategy that will ensure an increase in total audience for theSkimm and its products, with a keen focus on growing new products and verticals
- Lead our overall growth marketing, audience development, lifecycle marketing, and growth analytics - focused on conceptualizing and activating campaigns and programs to increase newsletter subscribers, social, commerce transactions, web and overall platform audiences
- Oversee a high-performing and engaged team of functional growth specialists, leading a connected, inclusive, and motivating team culture
- Drive paid performance marketing with a focus on driving new, diverse, high-value audiences with strong efficiency
- Leverage best-in-class lifecycle marketing practices to accelerate content engagement, as well as product adoption across theSkimm's ecosystem
- Shape a robust audience development strategy; with a focus on sustained and ongoing partnerships with publications, content creators, and distribution platforms with direct audience growth impacts - attracting new, diverse audiences of millennial women
- Collaborate closely with editorial teams, help to inform content development strategies, working closely to help inform and provide insights that translate into meaningful audience growth
- Work closely with product and technology teams to help inform product strategies and introduce and prioritize optimizations that contribute to growth goals.
- Create new marketing products to drive the growth of new and current products
- Lead forecasting, business projections, and goal-setting working closely with the Finance & Operations leaders
- Work closely with Data & Insights team to uncover opportunities that help optimize growth strategy and/or increase user value
- Work in lock-step with Brand and Sales leaders to ensure that large integrated tentpole campaigns are compelling and well-positioned to grow and engage audiences
- Partner closely with Brand and Sales leaders by serving as the audience growth go-to person within relevant initiatives, helping set and hit campaign goals
The expected annual base salary for this role is $190,000-$210,000. We'll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate's skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in growth marketing functions with a proven track record of driving growth in a digital media and/or digital-first DTC brand/company
- Strong leadership experience and ability to mobilize direct and indirect reports, as well as cross-functional leadership across the organization
- Experience creating multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Strong brand appreciation and customer orientation
- Strong experience partnering with technology and analytics teams
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products
Why we love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into a Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year anniversary as a full-time employee
Your well being is our priority:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company "time off" during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
Your career and development are a priority:
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee awards ceremonies to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
- Annual learning and development stipend
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
Our story, Skimm'd
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Everyday we're breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, "9 to 5ish with theSkimm" podcast, theSkimm mobile app, and Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life
debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than one million voting-related actions across the last three election cycles, and its #ShowUsYourLeave movement, creating transparency and change for Paid Family Leave in the U.S.
Come join us!Learn More About Us And Our Other Opportunities Here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The expectation for this role is that you come to the office on days when our co-CEOs-co-founders are in, up to three days each week. Mondays and Fridays will generally be remote working days.
We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York and will adjust this plan accordingly.
We require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations and also require additional boosters, and will always follow CDC and NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.
- Any correspondence from our team will come from a @theskimm.com email account!
Natural persons who reside in the State of California should review the Notice to California Residents (Job Applicants). You may have additional rights under California law.