With a client roster including Panda Express, eBay, Synchrony Bank, NOS Energy Drink and BioSteel (and several other recent account wins), The Many is looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications to drive the rebuild of our agency brand and support the agency’s Growth department, which sits at the intersection of Business Development and agency Marketing/Comms. This role will report into our Managing Director of Growth and will be instrumental in driving the agency’s communications strategy as it relates to our owned platforms, how and where we show up, and the showcasing of our work to the industry, internally and new potential clients.
Our ideal candidate is creative, passionate and excited to elevate the agency and how we show up as a whole through innovative, bold, consistent and prompt marketing. They are able to manage and drive a team across multiple projects at once, meet firm deadlines and hold other members accountable to those deadlines.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the strategy behind and executing the day-to-day activities of the Marketing & Communications function that drives the agency’s brand development and growth.
What this role is responsible for:
What we need from you:
- Develop, craft and lead the execution of the agency’s comms and marketing strategy for 2023 and beyond
- Develop and drive the agency’s strategy to rebuild the brand across all owned and earned communications and marketing touchpoints, inclusive of owning our website, social channels and media relations
- Serve as the gatekeeper of all agency PR tactics across client news, agency news and thought leadership.
- Relaunch, create and implement the agency’s quarterly newsletter in partnership with the director of marketing and communications.
- Support integrated agency teams in strengthening ideas/outputs as it relates to generating agency and client press
- Lead the creation of all marketing and comms materials across agency owned content platforms and press, thought leadership, media list and awards
- Lead the development of creative ideas and communications strategies for Voices of The Many thought leadership program
- Draft media alerts, ghost write thought pieces, drive media relations and proofreading, as needed.
- Manage the agency’s awards program including submission documents, content writing, and deadlines to ensure that client and agency teams meet deadlines.
- Proactively seek and lead opportunities to further define the agency’s brand externally through our work, people and process
- Manage the agency’s website CMS to publish all agency news to TheMany.com/news and the agency’s social and content platforms
- Work closely with client partners to drive agency presence in client-owned communication and marketing programs
- Manage, track and codify the agency’s performance on owned and earned platforms
- Managing projects that require maintaining an agency editorial calendar and working closely with other agency functions, including creative, social, brand strategy and design, to coordinate project deliverables, implement PR tactics and publish agency content
- Prioritization of work to meet deadlines and manage the agency’s PR tracker which includes agency content and press, thought leadership, media list and awards
Other things we’d like to see:
- 8 or more years experience in media relations, preferably within creative advertising, business and prominent culture-first publications
- An outgoing, engaging personality with professional maturity
- Current, strong relationships with mainstream business, news and trade media publications
- Proficient with Google Apps (Gmail, Slides, Sheets, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MailChimp
- Ability to write and proof content with great accuracy
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines, and see a project through from start to finish
- Willingness to fully support the needs of the department, recognizing that some assignments may be administrative and that long hours may be necessary
- Creative mind coupled with business acumen
- Confidence, humor and hunger to learn how to successfully build and grow an agency
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Comfortable with supporting agency outreach and email correspondence with press and current clients
- Happy to get your hands dirty when needed and without ego
- An entrepreneurial, solutions-oriented mindset
- Curiosity and willingness to learn, while being open to receiving feedback
- Love of the art and science of advertising
Our salary range for this opportunity is $140,000 to $160,000 annually. There are several factors taken into consideration in determining base salary, including but not limited to: job-related qualifications, skills, education and experience, as well as job location and the value of other elements of an employee’s total compensation package (i.e. benefits, retirement plan employer match, etc.).