Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE) located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates six professional sports teams: 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA’s Washington Wizards, WNBA’s 2019 Champion Washington Mystics, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, the 2021 & 2020 NBA 2K League Champion Wizards District Gaming and Caps Gaming, an esports sub-brand of the Capitals. Additionally, it holds a significant investment in a seventh team, Team Liquid, an endemic esports team owned and operated by aXiomatic.
In September 2022, MSE acquired full ownership of NBC Sports Washington from Comcast and NBCUniversal and now holds the exclusive local television media rights to Capitals’ and Wizards’ games. The integration is underway including extensive renovations to a new, pioneering production and broadcasting space to deliver seamless experiences on linear and digital platforms for fans. Under the terms of the agreement, MSE also acquired Comcast and NBCUniversal’s remaining interest in Monumental Sports Network, a first-of-its-kind regional sports network for digital, mobile and over-the-top platforms that launched in 2016.
Monumental Sports owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA), a 20,000+ capacity live event venue in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus.
In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in Entertainment & Sports Arena (ESA), in Southeast D.C. on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus which opened in September 2018. ESA houses the MedStar Health Performance Center, the training center for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the home of the Mystics and Go-Go.
In July 2020, MSE opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook in North America, through a partnership with then William Hill (now Caesars Entertainment), with a temporary location set-up within the COA lobby. The permanent location for the Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill opened within COA in May 2021.
And in January 2022, MSE announced it would be opening District E, powered by Ticketmaster, in the first quarter of 2023. This flagship venue for esports and entertainment is the largest on the East Coast: a premier, nearly 14,000-square-foot live-event theater offering a 365-day-a-year, series of immersive experiences in esports, music, event programming, and community events – along with pre- and post-event activations for fans attending Capitals and Wizards games or events. This space will entertain hundreds for independent events, offer an extraordinary culinary experience, and will create a best-in-class competition and training venue for the MSE esports franchises which it owns, operates, and invests in.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The Wizards Membership Services Intern is responsible for leading all aspects of setup, execution, and breakdown for the Washington Wizards DC 12 Club Membership events. This position will focus on providing excellent customer service to our season ticket members while working to further advance existing events. This is a paid internship.
Are you a student with strong customer service skills looking to learn about the season ticket membership process? We'd love to hear from you!
- Develop, plan, and carry out events, programs and receptions.
- Engage with season ticket base at events and work to improve the fan experience through outstanding customer service.
- Handle inventory of autographed/promotional items and giveaways.
- Track and distribute appropriate season ticket member gifts, birthday cards, etc.
- Support the Membership Services department in preparation of daily objectives, supporting off-season event planning and execution, and assist with the renewal campaign.
- Use Archtics and SalesForce software for reports, account set-up and maintaining up to date member records.
- Research and offer ideas aimed at enhancing existing events and programs including researching local businesses in an attempt to host member events.
- Build content for bi-weekly member newsletter and digital marketing of events using Eloqua.
- Perform analysis and recaps of completed events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; comfortable working with staff and clients of all levels.
- Ambitious and outgoing individual who takes initiative on projects and events.
- Strong organization skills with phenomenal attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills, able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability lead on individual projects.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google Docs.
- Basketball knowledge and customer service experience a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.