Have you ever heard of Glühwein/Mulled Wine, a Christmas Pyramid, or a Schwibbogen?
A traditional German-style Christmas Market is coming near you in Seattle in November 2023! It will be set up next to the Space Needle, featuring traditional European food and merchandise to spread Christmas Cheer all around the West Coast.
The Seattle Christmas Market (SCM) will be supported by the Vancouver Christmas Market (VCM), an established brand that has welcomed over 2.5 million guests since 2010.
If you are looking for a diverse workplace and want to become a part of the upcoming Seattle Christmas Market, we invite you to have a look at our job opportunities and apply.
Full-Time Employment Opportunity – Marketing and Sales Manager
Seattle Christmas Market is seeking a driven, and enthusiastic Marketing and Sales Manager, who will report directly to VCM’s President and VP of Operations. A successful candidate for this role is a creative thinker who understands the specific needs of the company’s seasonal events, while keeping in mind the larger components necessary for its completion. This candidate is a confident leader and efficient planner not only in vendor recruitment but also in SCM Marketing aspects.
This full-time position will be remote (from Monday to Friday) until the end of October. From November to December, you will be required to be on-site based on market hours, which includes evenings and weekends.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with Marketing team at VCM to manage SCM’s positive reputation according to brand and customer service guidelines;
- Manage costs and budgets as needed for large marketing initiatives, including paid media campaigns and special events;
- Liaise with VCM’s marketing team to publicize and promote the event as well as vendor recruitment;
- Collaborate with VCM's marketing agency to ensure continuous communication with vendors, by creating & sending a weekly newsletter, as well as engaging vendors in promotional activities;
- Respond to customer questions, concerns and complaints in a timely and courteous fashion;
- Digital content creation including social media posts, newsletters and photography/photo editing;
- Monitor social media inboxes and email channels to ensure all communications are answered in the most optimal fashion;
- Collect all required vendor information before the event;
- Recruit additional SCM vendors including but not limited to going out to trade shows or any local events and markets to look for vendors, identify suitable vendors and coordinate recruitment, negotiations, and contract execution;
- Coordinate with SCM’s General Event Manager on organizing annual vendor appreciation award & ceremony;
- Provide regular vendor & event support to SCM as assigned;
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Company.
Requirements and Selection Criteria
- Curious, Inquisitive, Creative, and a Christmas enthusiast;
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in a Sales, Marketing and/ or Event related;
- Advanced proficiency with software, online tools (Microsoft Office Suite) and social media;
- 5 years’ experience executing events/ festivals in a Marketing field;
- Proven experience managing exhibitors and suppliers for events or festivals;
- A candidate who exudes natural self-confidence is a good fit for the role;
- The ability to make favourable impressions on others is an important attribute;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Copywriting that balances quick wit & creative spirit with attention to detail & strategic approach;
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms management and basics in digital media content creation, including social media analytics and data management;
- A disciplined and logical approach is important in this role;
- Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience;
- Experience with scheduling and overseeing the activities of large groups;
- Motivated self-starter pays attention to detail;
- This position demands conforming with policies and procedures;
- Ability to take projects from concept through to final production;
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Second Language (German) an asset;
- Valid Driver's license;
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and work in an outside environment for long periods of time.
Compensation - 60,000 USD based on experience.
Please send RESUME and COVER LETTER
All applications will be kept in confidence. No telephone calls or faxed applications, please. We thank all who express an interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen.