If you are passionate about the ability of American business to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the place for you. As the world’s largest business organization, we believe in building a future that gives everyone the opportunity to pursue a better tomorrow. We make it our job today–and every day–to build the strongest relationships possible among the American people, business leaders, and elected officials in Washington, D.C., state capitals, and countries around the globe. For them and the businesses we represent, the U.S. Chamber is a trusted advocate and partner.
We are driven by the pursuit of innovation and partnership and hold ourselves to the highest standards. Our commitment to our members is matched only by our commitment to our employees. As part of our team, we will support your long-term career development while delivering relevant learning opportunities. We will empower you to lead, develop deep expertise, and find new approaches to solving the toughest challenges.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce International Affairs Division (IAD) fundraising team seeks an entrepreneurial, customer-service focused individual to join our team and support the development, engagement, and retention of our corporate members. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, and driven by a desire to deliver member value.
- Provide administrative support to IAD’s fundraising team, including SVP
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, maintain calendars, compile briefing materials, and draft and manage follow up.
- Track revenue financial data, working closely with the Chamber’s Finance Team.
- Track member engagements and touchpoints in Salesforce, and use the CRM to generate reports, identify trends, and drive positive business outcomes.
- Deliver and track invoices for membership dues payments, ultimately ensuring the payments arrive by due dates set by internal leadership.
- Support member events by supporting guest list development, sending invitations, and staffing registration.
- Update member databases and prepare the member newsletter.
- Coordinate the division’s fundraising efforts with other Chamber divisions.
- Be a generous team contributor.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of relevant fundraising or sales support experience, ideally in a Capitol Hill office, campaign environment, trade association, or corporation events, marketing, and/or member relations experience.
- An interest in and an understanding of the Chamber’s work, particularly related to international policy and business development.
- Strongest verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with senior leaders with confidence and grace.
- Strongest client service ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail and superior organization.
- Strong organization, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing portfolios of work and prioritize effectively in response.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a track record showing initiative and ownership of work.
- Experience using a CRM, such as Salesforce.
- Strongest proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, notably Microsoft Excel
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.