The Marketing Manager will oversee all content creation, including building the company's online presence, producing and publishing content, writing, editing, and formulating content strategies. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Manager will build working relationships across departments to build strategic, integrated marketing and communications plans that achieve the company's broader organization goals. The Marketing Manager must possess both creative and analytical skills and be committed to data-driven decision-making. This role requires a high level of creativity, design skills, accountability, initiative, professionalism, attention to detail, and project management skills.
• Oversee all content creation activities for the organization’s website. This position is the key owner of the website and social media, both content and platform.
• In partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position will create and execute the annual content and editorial calendar.
• Manage the company's WordPress site.
• Write entertaining and informative search-engine-optimized copy.
• Keep up to date with industry best practices and monitor content activities of competitor websites.
• Repurpose content for different mediums, including social media and video.
• Coordinate with vendors and guide production of entertaining and informative video content for use on the website, in email, and to support events.
• Strategic and tactical oversight of all digital and social media channels; building the company's footprint, brand awareness, and brand position.
• Creation of highly-relevant content for social media channels to achieve the awareness and engagement goals of the organization.
• Responsible for graphic design needs for organization in collaboration with outside contractors. Including, but not limited to, web designs, email designs, programmatic materials, and event materials.
• Design and writing for print and digital collateral materials.
• Creation of all email marketing including newsletter, event emails, and other marketing emails.
• Management and creation of branded internal communications, including staff newsletter series. • Monitor compliance of organization's brand standards and social media policies and maintain staff excitement and engagement in brand across departments and clubs.
• Responsible for monitoring and reporting on content performance and tactically adjusting to ensure content supports department and organizational goals.
• Support Board communication strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Success in developing and implementing consistent and effective brand materials across all internal and external communications.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated skill in copy editing and proofreading.
• Demonstrated skill in graphic design and execution.
• Strong project management, time management, and organized capabilities with the ability to manage numerous competing priorities.
• Self-directed, independent, strategic learner who appreciates collaboration.
• Ability to assume accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to develop strong relationships
• 3 years professional marketing or journalism experience, including visual content creation and social media.
• A bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency with AP Style.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing platforms, and website content management (Wordpress).
• Experience with Google Analytics and Google Ads.
• Expertise in social media strategy best practices and platforms.
• Preferred experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
• Nonprofit experience a plus.
• Candidates must be able to pass a drug test that include screening for marijuana, criminal and driving records investigations, and reference checks.
• Must be able to work in office with the option for one day remote per week.
• The successful candidate will primarily work indoors. Accordingly, the ability to use a variety of equipment including janitorial and office equipment is required. The job requires the ability to stand for extended periods, kneel, reach, bend, and lift objects weighing in excess of 25lbs. Outdoor work and moderate physically demanding activities may be required on occasion. The ability to read and write is necessary to complete reports and properly document program and organizational data. • A valid driver's license and ability to be insured under the company's insurance policy is also a requisite. • COVID-19 vaccination required or request a reasonable accommodation.