The WuXi AppTec Commercial Operations Unit (COU) is seeking an experienced Event Marketing Specialist to join our team. This position will mainly coordinate and manage WuXi AppTec’s presence with industry conventions and conferences as well as local seminars/receptions in the US. The Event Marketing Specialist will report to the Marketing Director and will manage the exhibit and literature inventory in Boston office, attending events as needed.
This is a remote position and open to candidates in the the North East, with strong preference for those that reside in in NY, NJ, PA and Boston, MA.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Project manage and flawlessly execute impactful events and exhibits from start to finish
- Work with local marketing managers and BD to identify, coordinate and lead events that align with the marketing strategy, budget and key objectives
- Measure and maximize sales opportunities, leads and ROI with exhibits and event technologies
- Timely gather and share feedback and leads. Implement event campaigns in the CRM and provide KPIs/Reporting for each event.
- Act as first POC for conference organizer and venue for securing space, show management services, floor plans, production schedules, payment schedules, host/venue requirements, etc.
- Coordinate exhibit shipping, transportation, catering, exhibit badges and rooming blocks when necessary
- Be partnership-minded, always looking for a way to say “Yes, and…” and create trust by being a colleague willing to pitch in every day.
- Manage deliverables and deadlines for print and digital content working with creative teams and marketers for approved brand assets
- Complete and submit approval applications for all event related actions including speaking slots, seminars, webinars, social media and online content. Work closely with Content team, speakers, Legal, etc to gain approvals.
- Create, schedule and post event promotions on social media, newsletter and share with BD team and other stakeholders
- 2+ years’ experience planning and implementing events and exhibits in a regulated industry
- Experience organizing teams and timelines
- Organizational, project, and planning skills. Detailed oriented.
- Budget, timeline and vendor management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or sciences
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel and PPT
- Detailed oriented
- Exhibit experience required
- Great communications skills, both verbal and written
WuXi AppTec requires all employees, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by February 9, 2022 or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing as set forth in WuXi AppTec’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, unless they are eligible for an exemption from the vaccination or testing requirements based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. If you are offered employment with WuXi AppTec, you will be required to provide acceptable proof of your COVID-19 vaccine (if applicable) no later than 8 days before your first day of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.