POSITION: Director of Tourism & Marketing
ORGANIZATION: Indian River County Chamber of Commerce
REPORTS TO: President of the Indian River County Chamber of Commerce
SALARY RANGE: 75k – 90k + benefits
SUMMARY: The Indian River County Chamber of Commerce is the designated agency for tourism and marketing promotion for Indian River County. The Director of Tourism & Marketing is a management-level position responsible for a wide variety of professional duties that develop strategies, programs, and policies to promote responsible tourism, effectively manage tourism impacts, and stimulate economic development through tourism.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Develop and execute a Comprehensive Marketing Plan.
• Creation and execution of the yearly budget.
• Creation of monthly visitor newsletter, and content calendar, and perform database maintenance.
• Assist in social media creation and scheduling across 15 social media channels.
• Maintain accurate information on 5 websites.
• Ability to write, edit and post blogs to websites using SEO best practices.
• Create tourism meetings and assist with scheduling guest speakers.
• Coordinate Press Trip schedules with local tourism partners.
• Schedule delivery of materials and collateral to travel shows, Welcome Centers, and partners.
• Collect information from local and regional partners for specials and promotions.
• Organize and maintain an adequate inventory of promotional items.
• Be able to step in to answer tourism-related questions when necessary.
• Acquire municipal or county permits & signage for special events.
• Create/Maintain a great relationship with tourism partners.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EVENTS & MEETINGS
• Attend all tourism-related meetings.
• Coordinate the Annual Tourism Luncheon and Regional Tourism Showcase.
• May include weekend and out-of-state events
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business administration preferred.
• A minimum of eight years of experience in marketing and communication activities is required.
• Expert knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn scheduling and content creation tools.
• Understanding of SEO and blogging best practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and able to learn new programs quickly.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to adapt and problem-solve.
• Self-confident, energetic, and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
• Ability to create new ideas for the organization.
• Graphic design and/or video editing experience a plus.