On behalf of our client, a specialty food distributor, we are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join their company and support their Marketing Director. We are seeking an enthusiastic, thoughtful, and curious individual eager to kick off their career in the most exciting industry of all: specialty food.
You will play a critical role in the implementation of ambitious multi-channel marketing activities, straddling the B2B and B2C world.
- Take the lead on their B2B Instagram channel, monitoring the accounts of their partner brands and creating original content.
- Work on content creation (copy and visuals) for their monthly newsletter and blog posts,
- Collaborate with their Corporate Chef and Marketing Director on regular food photoshoots (sample coordination, props, etc.)
Activity Coordination & Tracking:
- Collaborate with the sales team and customers to coordinate in-store sampling activities.
- Work hand in hand with their Merchandising lead to roll out in-store brand activations and case resets.
- Owns key brand toolkit projects including Digital Asset Management and Branded Goods Catalogs.
- Assist in the production of marketing assets, such as POS, pamphlets, flyers, thematic catalogs and more.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Passion for food, and willingness to learn and taste.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- 1+ year experience, including internships, in marketing / the food industry.
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing/Communications or comparable real-life experience.
- Basic knowledge of Office package, especially Excel.
- Eye for aesthetics and design a plus, as well as working knowledge of Canva or other design programs.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative.
- Friendly, positive attitude and ability to handle problems with a smile.
- Love of problem-solving and going the extra mile to make things right.
- Ability to commute daily to the office in MASPETH, QUEENS