Communications and Development (60%):
o Help support and execute organization’s marketing needs, including press/media relations, brand promotion, sourcing printers, supervising mailings, etc.
o Manage patron and donor database and mailing list.
o Work with website developer to create and maintain website content; ensure site is updated and achieves organizational goals.
o Maintain donor database in CRM; pull reports as needed.
o Assist with sponsor and donor communication and acknowledgement.
o Assist development team in communication and fundraising efforts (sponsorship opportunities, reporting, developing fundraising communications, campaigns, mailings, etc.).
o Help manage Membership program and delivery of donor/sponsor benefits.
o Assist in community/partner/patron/sponsor engagement and outreach efforts, including helping to identify appropriate partners to meet communication goals.
o Analyze and report on marketing and engagement efforts.
o Help to develop and apply a DEI framework to festival communications.
o Support the external marketing contractor’s festival marketing plan.
o Support marketing and development needs in the lead up to and during the festival.
o Manage festival merchandise sales.
o Ensure timely website updates in lead up to and during festival.
o Support box office management to ensure clear and effective patron communication.
o Maintain/improve organizational systems (Google Workspace, Trello, email) and IT-related tasks for effective internal and external communications.
o Assist in scheduling meetings as needed.
o Help ED to ensure timely and accurate annual filings for nonprofit status, domain renewals, insurance, etc.
o Assist in the crafting of effective internal communications to board and staff.
o Coordinate the hiring process for year-round and key seasonal staff as needed, including ad placement, scheduling interviews, and on-boarding; focus efforts to ensure diversity of job candidates.
o Assist in working with vendors as needed.
o Work to deadline with event team to ensure festival’s signage needs are met.
o Help manage merch set up and sales (online and in person during festival).
o Assist with festival contracts and city requirements, including admission tax exemption.
o Help recruit and manage any festival interns.
o Be responsive to seasonal staff and contractors to help integrate them with the organization’s systems and be effective in their roles.
o Coordinate with box office manager to ensure effective phone system set up during festival.
o Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years’ experience in communications and marketing
- Organized, thorough and deadline-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to copyedit
- Vendor and subcontractor management experience
- Ability to work independently or collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and representation
- Arts administration experience
- Cleveland media contacts (particularly the arts/theatre)
- Experience with Google Ad Grants and Google Analytics
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience in marketing to diverse audiences
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Google Drive/Workspace (file sharing, document privacy, organization)
- Proficiency with MailChimp or comparable digital newsletter
- Proficiency with social media apps: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok
- Web CMS, e.g. WordPress a bonus
- Experience using a CRM (we use Little Green Light) a plus
This is a part-time position starting on or about March 16, 2023, with flexible daytime hours and occasional evening and weekend work. Job is usually remote, though some meetings occur in person during festival season. A car will be helpful during the leadup to the festival. Part time base pay is $20k per year, averaging approximately 15-20 hours/week. Possibility to increase hours from May – July.
How to apply: Qualified candidates may submit a statement of interest and resume via email to: email@example.com Please use subject line: Attn: HR. No phone calls please. Suitable candidates will be contacted by email for an interview. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and interviews will be held as qualified candidates are identified.
BorderLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.