Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Company Background and Overview:
Gordon Huether Studio, located in Napa, CA specializes in large-scale, site-specific, permanent art installations in a variety of media and applications throughout the country and abroad.
Our Mission Statement is: To inspire the Spirit of Humanity by bringing beauty and meaning into the world through the art that we do.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled candidate to fulfill the role of Marketing and Communications Coordinator. The ideal applicant will bring positive energy to our small, but highly productive team. The best suited candidate will have experience working in a small business environment and understands a small business culture.
Job Description: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator (MCC) will report to the Company’s COO to facilitate the execution of all the sales and marketing initiatives and will assist in the strategy for the company’s marketing and project development plans. The MCC will work closely with the COO/Owner and the Artist/Owner to coordinate all marketing efforts and initiatives and to align brand messaging. An ideal candidate has a passion for communications and design, a keen eye for detail and excellent writing and editing skills. The candidate must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and experienced in all social media platforms with the ability to create regular content per specifications. Effective project management skills will also be required given the nature of our fast-paced business and need to oversee and prioritize multiple projects accordingly.
· Conceptualizes and executes Company communications and marketing projects such as presentations, catalogs, videos, campaigns, brochures, slide decks and cut sheets, etc., often working with external vendors such as designers, printers, videographers, and photographers
· Manages the marketing calendar for key dates of execution
· Reviews and researches all appropriate on-line (and other) sites and listings for all public art calls
· Executes the E-newsletter (formatting, list merging, etc. via Constant Contact)
· Reviews and edits materials to ensure a high level of quality and consistent voice throughout the Company’s communications
· Works with PR consultant to draft press releases and manages lists
· Manages CRM database implementation (in SalesForce); mail merges and creates email and mailing lists
· Manages the website updates (via 3rd party vendor)
· Maintains the photo gallery and assists in commissioning photographers for projects
· Maintains Company’s digital assets
· Administers social media posts
· Works with Director to execute project development outreach; email campaigns, and mailing outreach to acquire new clients and projects
· Researches and applies to appropriate trade shows and lecture opportunities, etc.
· Special projects as needed: catalog, outreach and mailing campaigns, etc.
· Creates monthly and annual reports tracking performance of all marketing activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing/Communications, English, Journalism, or a related field.
· Exceptional knowledge of marketing fundamentals; up to date with marketing trends and resources
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience with at least 1 year in a similar role within the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) or public art industry
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a high level of written communication skills specifically for writing proposals, formulating email communication, crafting newsletters and creating marketing collateral
· Adept with database management and experience in SalesForce platform
· Strong technical and computer skills; design and presentation skills (Adobe Suite and In-design)
· Ability to work on several tasks/projects in tandem; time management is critical
- Excellent work quality and attention to detail; strong accountability and ownership of on-time deliverables
· Ability to take on new projects/tasks with eagerness to learn; ability to respond to short term deadlines while carrying a diverse workload
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic with personal drive and positive energy; collaborative and creative!