The Marketing Associate will report to the Associate Director of Marketing and will coordinate marketingÂ campaigns for roughly 20 titles/year across the Hachette Books and Hachette Go list, from planning to implementation. In addition, the Marketing Associate will collaborate on imprint-wide initiatives and collaborate with the team on social media content and direct to consumer email newsletter campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently run marketing campaigns for assigned titles across both the Hachette Books and Hachette Go lists
- Coordinate monthly sales materials for national sales team
- Act as a marketing liaison with our Audio Books team to ensure collaboration across our entire list
- Work with third-party organizations and businesses to create cross-promotional opportunities for books and authors
- Plan and execute social media campaigns with authors and other channels
- Communicate campaigns and efforts with senior management, authors, and literary agents
- Update the Hachette Books/ Hachette Go imprint sections of the company website through content management system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Interest in book publishing is essential, along with a strong interest in marketing.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid computer skills, including familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- Comfort with social media, content creation, and scheduling.
- Ability to multi-task and attend to details in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- The successful candidate must be able to work both independently, on assigned campaigns, and as part of a team, as a key liaison representing Hachette Books and Hachette go to major stake holders
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The compensation range for this position is $53,200. Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location â talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your role or exceptional workload issues or special projects.
The following benefits are offered by the company: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life, short-term and long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, critical illness, hospital indemnity, long-term care, health and dependent care FSA, commuter benefit plan, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, travel assistance, 401(k), discretionary bonus program, PTO (15 vacation days, 2 personal days, 10 holidays and generous sick leave) and group discounts on auto and home insurance and legal services. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification, hours worked and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms.