Boss Beauties is on a mission to bring the next 1 Million women and girls into web3. We’re a web3 media and entertainment brand that inspires and empowers the next generation of women and girls to be everything they want to be through impact programs, content, and consumer products.
The Director of Digital Marketing and Public Relations role will work to drive growth as Boss Beauties grows to scale into a $1B household brand by 2030. This role will be responsible for creating digital marketing strategies and executional frameworks to drive brand awareness and storytelling across our consumer channels. This role will be available to start as of March 1, 2023 as part of a full time at-will employment offer. The person in this role must be able to legally travel and work within the United States and work in parallel with North America time zones.
The purpose of this role is to lead strategic planning, creative development, and execution of Boss Beauties' digital marketing, and public relations initiatives to support Boss Beauties’ overall branding as well as branded programs, content, and consumer products, accelerating the team’s journey to become a culturally relevant champion of GenZ women and girls. The person filling this role should have experience working within or in collaboration with creative marketing agencies, have familiarity with web3 marketing tactics, can execute based on a creative direction, and is familiar with working in a fast-paced, ever-changing start-up environment.
This role will be responsible, but not limited to, the following types of responsibilities:
- Remain deeply committed to our Boss Beauties belief: A woman can be everything she wants
- Develop creative marketing tactics to help us reach our company mission: bring the next 1M women and girls into web3.
- Turn the mission into tangible stories and campaigns that elevate our brand and drive visibility beyond web3 channels to new audiences
- Build relevant marketing OKRs based on the business strategy and be prepared report out on a weekly basis the successes, challenges and ongoing improvements that your team will make
- Develop always on creative digital marketing campaigns as well as campaigns to support Boss Beauties’ branded programs, content, and consumer product and be prepared to get into the weeds of supporting team members with developing copy, visual assets, video assets, tone of voice, and style
- Support more junior team members in developing, managing and executing upon the marketing calendar while keeping on top of Genz social media trends
- Collaborate with external agencies to develop editorial strategy
- Lead and develop the marketing and community-facing teams (currently a team of 6) to successful campaign launches
OBJECTIVES AND KEY RESULTS
The objectives and key results (OKRs) listed below are not the sole responsibility of the person doing this role. However, as the Director of Digital Marketing and Public Relations, you will be expected to drive your team on activities that help the overall business achieve the OKRs listed below. Listed below are currently a reflection of what will drive success in the next 6 months. OKRs will continue to change as we grow and scale as a business.
Objective #1: Drive at least 5% conversion on all upcoming campaigns
- Key result: 5%+ conversion for upcoming Partner #1
- Key result: 7%+ conversion for upcoming Partner #2
- Key result: 10% engagement on all community campaign events
Objective #2: Increase social media engagement by at least 20% across all channels
- Key Result: Increase Twitter engagement by 20%
- Key Result: Increase IG followership by 25% and engagement by 20%
- Key Result: 100k newsletter subscribers by EOY
MINDSET FOR SUCCESS
This role requires an experimental and playful mindset. Someone who is willing to try new, bold marketing tactics to grow our consumer audience and partner audiences. The person filling this role must understand how to develop, track, and pivot based on analytics and consumer insights. Based on current trends, the person in the role will be actively curious about new GenZ trends and web3 topics. You will be excited to think big picture while also rolling up your sleeves to get into the weeds of things such as copy, content calendar planning, gathering feedback from our community, and creating opportunities for the BB team to speak publicly at relevant events or in important publications. Last, and most importantly, have fun!
WORKING TIME AND EXPECTED HOURS
Boss Beauties has a flexible working policy - we are seeking to meet you where you are in your life and be accommodating to your personal and professional development needs. You will be expected to work at least 40 hours per week in parallel with North America time zones. There will be days or times where a campaign launch might require extra hours or weekend support, however, this will be communicated in advance to allow you to prepare. A few more important details:
- The salary rate for this role is $115-125k USD based on relevant experience
- This role is 100% remote
- You can work wherever you choose - we offer support for co-working office spaces
- You must be able to legally travel and work within the United States
- You must be willing to travel to team strategy meetings - 3x per year for 3-4 days at a time
- For security reasons, you will be issued a company Macbook
HIRING PROCESS & TEAM VALUES
To learn about our hiring process and team values, please find more information here.