Mutual of Omaha’s Workplace Solutions Strategy & Communications team is seeking a creative and energetic Communications Consultant to support internal communication needs in our business unit. This role will work with leaders, stakeholders and subject matter experts at all levels of the organization to develop and execute a variety of communications using multiple media channels to drive cohesiveness and clarity throughout our business unit. If you are an ideal team player and innovative, collaborative, accountable for results and want to be part of a strong family culture, this might be the career for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborates with leaders and stakeholders to develop internal business unit e-newsletter articles, emails, videos, podcasts and executive presentations using creative design elements to help translate organizational and strategic messages.
- Actively supports organizational health and a family culture through participation on cross-functional culture committees and bringing innovative ideas forward for engaging associates through communications.
- Administrator of business unit internal social media platform to include posting relevant content and engaging associates.
- Supports focus on the employee experience through data driven decision making by collecting and reporting communication channel analytics.
- Supports the planning and execution of large meetings in a virtual, hybrid and in-person setting. Serves as a videographer and photographer to include digital editing, as needed.
- Produces and edits creative video and audio deliverables to help engage distributed and remote workforce.
- Stays current on advances in technology, style, and color in the design industry and brings forward ideas to further enhance communication tools and processes.
- May support the graphic design, layout and ongoing management of the business unit intranet that maximizes the experience for web and mobile users.
- Must be an ideal team player that demonstrates the behaviors of being humble, hungry and people smart.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Must be located in United States or Puerto Rico.
- Highly creative with excellent listening, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills. Confident writer, editor and storyteller. Ability to make complex things simple for the targeted audience.
- Must have experience working with M365 tools and have basic graphic design and video editing experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders/business partners. Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and be a trusted partner. Must be able to handle highly sensitive, confidential information.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt in a rapidly changing environment. Strong learning and critical thinking skills.
- Exposure to continuous process improvement/operational excellence practices and change management practices.
- Proven problem-solving experience with high attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to see the "Big Picture".
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Premiere Pro, Audition, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of insurance products, the insurance industry and business operation procedures and practices.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging. To learn more about our commitment of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit our website
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on start date.
- Salary Range: Minimum: $71,350 MidPoint: $92,760 Maximum: $114,170
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Recognized as a certified Great Place to Work®.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
We are committed to optimizing flexible work. We support a full range of work approaches: fully remote, hybrid and in-person. Many of our roles are remote. Employees in remote roles may occasionally travel to a Mutual of Omaha office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Remote employees who are assigned a Mutual of Omaha office location can work on-site on a voluntary basis, subject to local and company COVID-19 guidelines.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.