How to Apply:
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Use the words “Marketing & Communications Manager” in the subject line. Applications without Cover Letter might not be taken into consideration.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Marketing & Communications Manager will be entrusted with the development and execution of the organization’s marketing and communication strategies. The Marketing & Communications Manager will play a key role in supporting the organization’s marketing and communication efforts to elevate and promote MMP’s awareness and fundraising campaigns. This individual will be responsible for the creation, implementation and execution of marketing and communication goals and strategies for the organization. This position will ensure all communications are compelling, effective, and representative of the organization's values and mission. The selected candidate will bring experience and knowledge in communications and marketing to ensure that we can rapidly grow our brand recognition and increase our campaign prowess.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy, Planning and Implementation:
• Develop and execute marketing and communication strategies to ensure high-impact digital and print communications,
• Research and propose communication strategies. Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the field; identify needs and make recommendations to leadership
• Collaborate with the development team in the planning, creation and execution of fundraising campaigns,
• Manage social media presence. Plan and schedule monthly posts (annual social media calendar) based on the marketing strategy,
• Manage online advertising campaigns (via Google AdWords and social media advertising) to build external brand and advocacy for social change through music,
Brand Strategy Management:
• Ensure all marketing and communication pieces adhere to the organization’s branding guidelines, and that they are consistent across all external-facing materials and communications,
• Create compelling, persuasive, relevant, and accurate communication content that will increase engagement with the organization and build support for its mission with the goal of growing its constituents and support from its donor base,
• Expand the visibility of the organization by writing and disseminating e-mail blasts, social media posts, news in website and blogs,
• Responsible for the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, including, annual report, brochures, flyers, e-blast newsletter and promotions and other,
• Organize and maintain internal libraries of print/web collateral, photo & video assets, and promotional items,
• Maintain website updates and create cutting edge content as needed,
• Oversee events to ensure the organization’s mission is promoted according to branding standards.
• Maintain the quality and integrity of marketing data and analytics and regularly report on metrics,
• Prepare quarterly marketing and communication reports to leadership,
• Manage marketing budget and propose changes as needed.
• Work with outside vendors for work proposals and special projects,
• Give direction and engage graphic designer and other service providers to create materials such as flyers, programs, marketing tools, videos and white papers,
• Negotiate contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy,
• Ability to train and work with volunteers for marketing and communication assignments. • Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing role,
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications is desirable, or equivalent work experience,
• Knowledge of marketing trends and strategies,
• Knowledge and experience with graphic design programs (Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign, Photoshop) is highly desirable,
• Basic video / photo editing knowledge,
• Knowledge in e-marketing platforms (currently using MailChimp),
• Basic knowledge about how to update website content in WordPress,
• Experience in campaign writing required; online writing, or marketing-related writing experience a plus; prior experience with digital communications,
• Knowledge of the use of social media in today's media landscape, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.,
Candidate Profile and Skills:
• Strong commitment to and alignment with Miami Music Project's mission and core values,
• Creativity. Know how to take concepts and translate them into campaigns and marketing materials that drive stakeholder’s attention and engagement,
• Exceptional attention to detail,
• Excellent writing skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear manner,
• Ability to follow strategic and operational planning and implementation of marketing initiatives and best industry practices,
• Ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; rapid problem-solving skills,
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills,
• Ability to work successfully with a limited budget,
• A tremendous drive and strong ability to achieve outcomes,
• Bilingual (English, Spanish) preferred but not required,
• Ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback.
• This is a full-time position with Miami Music Project. Attendance at events outside of traditional business hours including evenings and weekends will be necessary on a periodic basis,
• Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving DMV record, reliable transportation, full insurance,
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, and will be expected to assist with moving equipment related to marketing and general operations.
Miami Music Project is firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We hire qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, marital or veteran / military status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. As permissible under applicable law, applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and drug test after receiving a conditional offer of employment. The background check will investigate criminal background and other matters related to suitability for employment, particularly since Miami Music Project works with children. Likewise, employment is contingent on receiving a negative test result for illegal drug use. Separate disclosure and consent forms will be provided prior to any background check or drug test.