Human Resources (HR) Generalist
Are you a payroll specialist seeking to grow in your HR knowledge and skills? Do you have acute attention to detail to ensure payroll, benefits, and all other HR transactions are done accurately and timely? Would you like to work for a family owned company that values its employees by offering an Employee Stock Ownership program, 401k match, and a laidback, friendly work environment?
Bliffert Lumber and Hardware is currently seeking an outgoing individual to fill their HR Generalist role. Working onsite at the Oak Creek facility from 7am-4pm daily, this position will have a primary focus on weekly payroll processing and benefits administration, in addition to assisting with employee inquiries, recordkeeping, and the recruiting and onboarding processes.
- Process weekly payroll, including administration of separation pay, employee loan agreements, garnishments, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, etc.
- Assist in recruitment including the coordination of the new hire process and orientation
- Maintain HRIS system (Paycom) and accurate and current HR files, records and documentation
- Benefit administration, including workman’s compensation and leave administration
- Assist with annual benefits and payroll audits and auto/general liability claims
- Creation of monthly newsletter
- Minimum of 2 years of high volume payroll processing experience, preferably using Paycom or similar system required.
- At least 1 year of general HR administration experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Service-oriented, collaborative approach with exceptional follow up and organization skills.
- Ability to work onsite, in the Oak Creek facility, full-time
- Ability to travel within southeast Wisconsin occasionally
Established in 1904, Bliffert Lumber and Hardware is one of the oldest lumber families in the Midwest. Now in our fifth generation of family ownership, we operate lumber yards, hardware stores and millwork shops in southern Wisconsin. Come be an employee owner with our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program).