Internship Overview: Interns will be trained and supervised by a specific member of the Exec Club’s team. Throughout the internship, they will interact with the entire Exec Club staff, attend staff and departmental meetings, have opportunities to interface with senior business leaders and program speakers, and network with Chicago’s business community. In addition to learning how to develop and execute world-class business programs, interns will be provided opportunities to develop critical business-related skills including project management, organization, research and data analysis, database management, marketing, and communications.
The Content and Communications Intern will work within the Content and Communications team and will be responsible for helping to streamline research, content, and communications for Exec Club’s programming. The ideal candidate for this position is a student with an interest in conversations applicable to the greater business community. This candidate should be looking to expand their knowledge of various business industries through being a member of a non-profit organization.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Creating event materials such as agendas, discussion questions, and/or remarks for various events
- Draft announcements to members, including new events, meetings, and other general communications
- Research speaker leads and topic ideas and maintain a database of potential topics and speakers for future events
- Assist team with targeted marketing for all events.
- Update collateral materials for events, including opening/closing remarks and PowerPoint decks
- Assist in featuring Exec Club activities through the newsletter, social media, and other marketing vehicles
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team for all digital material and event updates on the website
- Liaise with the membership team to support member recruitment and engagement efforts when necessary
- Provide day-of support (as available) for events. Tasks include assistance with badges, general event set-up, greeting guests, etc.
- Contribute to annual reporting projects including season recaps, company exposure reports, speaker demographics, and more
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Content and Communications team
- Ability to handle several tasks in varying stages of development
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work independently, including prioritization of tasks and self-management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to use them
- Willingness to experiment, learn, and to be creative
- Ability to create great working relationships
- Must have at least one business outfit for attendance at Exec Club programs
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for an hour unassisted
Hours: 16 hours/ week. Schedule TBD upon placement
Term: Ongoing Opportunities. Summer, Fall Semester, or Spring Semester duration
Rate: School credit when applicable
About Us: The Executives’ Club is Chicago’s premier membership and business forum. Exec Club is a valued resource for Chicago’s business leaders – connecting members, providing opportunities for strategic relationship development, and enhanced exposure to the global business community. Exec Club membership comprises senior-level executives, including significant representation among CEOs of multinational corporations headquartered in the region, as well as professionals from Chicagoland’s business, civic, and academic communities. Founded in 1911, Exec Club is one of the nation’s oldest and most established business organizations.