Finding the right place to grow your career isn't (over) easy, so we're here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is greener at Vital Farms. We think you'll appreciate our focus on Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for the "way things have always been done." Or you could find it exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading brand. Whether you're into our values, our brand, or our egg-cellent puns, we hope you'll join our Crew and help us change the world 108 square feet at a time!
Vital Farms is looking for a Communications Associate to join our growing Communications team. This fast-paced role requires a strategic mindset, an understanding of the evolving media and influencer landscapes, and exceptional writing chops. This role will help drive earned awareness for Vital Farms through creative storytelling opportunities that shine a light on the many facets of our brand—from our unwavering commitment to honesty and transparency in food production to the playful and creative ways our brand comes to life. The Communications Associate will play a crucial role in helping our team build brand trust and awareness with consumers.As Communications Associate, you'll:
What You Bring to the Table
- Identify cultural trends that we should either shape or start through earned media ("press"), content (our blog and newsletter, and social media).
- Develop relationships with targeted online, print, broadcast media, and digital influencers.
- Maintain our Rolodex of contacts that will enable our team to nurture relationships with a personalized approach.
- Manage an awards strategy that promotes our work to improve the lives of people, animals, and the planet through food.
- Support coordination of media opportunities, speaking engagements, and press events.
- Assist with creative development and compilation of media and influencer mailers, coupons, and product deliveries.
- Manage program reporting including media monitoring, coverage tracking, and quarterly reports that help measure earned awareness reach against program KPIs.
- Write press releases, media pitches, and other communications collateral.
- Roll up your sleeves as a member of the communications team, as needed, to support the work we have to get done to engage with our stakeholder community, steward Vital Farms' reputation and build brand trust.
What We Bring to the Table:
- Passion for Vital Farms and understanding of our commitment to honesty and transparency in food production. You give a sh*t about ethically minded food production and purpose-driven brands.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations/communications preferred.
- 1 – 3 years experience in public relations or creative communications, either in-house or agency.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills to communicate across all our stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of the media landscape, including the latest trends that are capturing consumers' attention.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Desire to work in a fast-paced environment. Said another way: you don't like monotony!
- You share our values of humility, empathy, growth, ownership, and competition. You believe "we" is greater than "me".
- You hold yourself to the same high standards we hold for Vital Farms.
Who We Are:
- A fast-paced, energetic, remote environment with passionate people who are leading a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table.
- Competitive pay and benefits (medical, dental, vision, and paid parental leave, just to name a few).
- Company-wide bonus program; when we succeed together, we celebrate together.
- Generous retirement contributions: 401(k) + 3% contribution from day 1.
- Free eggs and butter along with friends and family discounts.
- Fun team SWAG that will make you the talk of the town.
- Professional development opportunities and an amazing team dedicated to your growth.
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today, Vital Farms is THE leading producer of pasture-raised eggs, partnering with more than 275 family farms, and selling into over 18,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.Next Steps:
Shortly after you complete your application, you'll receive a follow-up email elaborating on any potential next steps in our process. If you don't immediately receive said follow-up email, we would highly encourage you to check your spam filter!In order to fulfill Vital Farms mission to "bring ethically produced food to the table," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create a welcoming and innovative environment that is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Vital Farms does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by law.