We're hiring a Senior QA Engineer.About Our Team And What We'll Build Together
theSkimm is looking for a seasoned Senior QA Engineer with a passion for all forms of testing and experience implementing automation frameworks. You will work closely with the stakeholders, developers, and business support managers to understand product requirements and functionality. This includes the design and execution of appropriate test cases, verifying features and functionality, and identifying defects through systematic testing.
You prioritize curiosity, possess a drive for self-learning, and a desire to keep up to date with new technologies, services, industry trends, and methodologies. You enjoy being a hands-on contributor, creating tests and documentation, and pushing the bounds of what's possible through ethical and inspired technology.How You'll Contribute To Our Mission
You're ready for this! Here's a bit more about what we're looking for
- Assist in test planning, analyzing requirements, proposing technical solutions, developing test cases and scenarios, and executing test cases
- Perform manual front end testing for both websites and newsletters across a range of devices
- Help pioneer automated end-to-end testing using Playwright
- Perform functional, negative, user scenario, and regression testing in an agile development environment
- Create testing specifications and requirements prior to story development
- Partner with development, management, and technical staff to continually improve testing methodology, processes, documentation, and standards
- Help troubleshoot, isolate, and document problems encountered during test cycle execution
- Work independently and be able to share the information with the team to strategize appropriately
- Use TestFlight to perform mobile app testing
The expected annual base salary for this role is $110,000-$120,000. We'll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate's skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance with a solid understanding of software QA testing standards and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience testing newsletters across different email clients and devices
- Experience using tools such as Litmus, Applitools, and TestRail a plus
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Playwright, Selenium or Cypress
- A degree in a technical or engineering field such as Computer Science/ Computer Engineering is preferred
- Self-learning and desire to keep up-to-date in new technologies, services, industry trends, and methodologies
- Strong experience in agile and test-driven methodologies
- Familiar with mobile app testing
- Tactical problem-solving skills and the readiness to get in the weeds when necessary
Why our employees love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Encouraged time off on your birthday and Skimm'versary
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into an Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year Skimm'versary as a full-time employee
Your well being is our priority:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company "time off" during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
Your career and development are a priority:
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Annual employee award ceremony to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
- Annual learning and development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
Our story, Skimm'd
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Every day we're breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, "9 to 5ish with theSkimm" podcast, theSkimm mobile app, and Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life
debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than one million voting-related actions across the last three election cycles, and its #ShowUsYourLeave movement, creating transparency and change for Paid Family Leave in the U.S.
Come join us!Learn More About Us And Our Other Opportunities Here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We have a hybrid environment and ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open.
We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York and will adjust this plan accordingly.
- Any correspondence from our team will come from a @theskimm.com email account!
Natural persons who reside in the State of California should review the Notice to California Residents (Job Applicants). You may have additional rights under California law.